Offline BenC

• Bus Driver

• Drives: cars
  • Name: Ben

Offline andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park 300kph+ club
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass
You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot.

Offline jamesatfish

Hey you leave my Gallardo alone! :P

Back on topic, I have eGear in my gallardo.  Hate it.  A pain in the ass around town, and when i get going with spirited driving I miss the involvement of a manual.  You go through clutch at twice the rate of a proper manual and when things break, its expensive.  The actuator can go at any time on the Gallardo and its expensive.  I don't even know what the Murci one would cost.

I'm looking for a Murci too at the moment, but I'll only be buying a manual after my experience with paddles.

Depends on the generation of egear.

The early Gallardos were indeed crap - jerky, expensive to maintain and hard to enjoy at anything below 150kph.

The LP series cars are a world apart - completely different egear unit, far more reliable, much better on the clutch and much smoother at low speeds.

The manual G is great except for the lack of a foot rest for your left foot, so between gear changes you either hover your foot above the pedal or rest it below the pedal itself which isn't great.

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles

The early Gallardos were indeed crap - jerky, expensive to maintain and hard to enjoy at anything below 150kph.

The LP series cars are a world apart - completely different egear unit, far more reliable, much better on the clutch and much smoother at low speeds.

The manual G is great except for the lack of a foot rest for your left foot, so between gear changes you either hover your foot above the pedal or rest it below the pedal itself which isn't great.

the first ones were 360 style then they went to the 430 style
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline sinkman

Thank you all for your advice. Excellent stuff.

Any thoughts on the two manuals for sale on carsales?

Offline BenC

• Bus Driver

Thank you all for your advice. Excellent stuff.

Any thoughts on the two manuals for sale on carsales?
Not keen on the one with the lebbo interior but the other one looks alright.  Want to have a look together?

Offline BenC

• Bus Driver

Yeh, I drove a manual, the lack of foot rest was weird.  I wonder if thats just a carry over from the RHD conversion?

If he's after a Murci in the low 200k range then I guess he's gonna get a eGear generation similar to mine?  I dont think you got proper eGear in the Murci until the LP640 though I could be wrong.