Offline ferrarista2

• Drives: Slowly
I'd be checking the mechanic's invoices more closely if he's trying to sell you a 40K car at 60K mate.
Lol.....he doesn't care....he already had two Italians at home
Everything looks better in carbon fibre

Offline Joey

The owner wants 60k, my mechanic knows it's rich.

The owner wants that  much cause he thinks it's best around.

Anyway time will tell.

Online allanuber

• Name: Al

Funny how every thread here about mechanics onselling cars goes to shit.  Countdown commenced.
C'mon, do it!

Offline Joey

Um .. Yes I care a lot...that's why I asked for opinions.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
there's one too many zeros on the ask price

its dog dick red......navy blue suits the model better

its biggest plus is a stick shift, it won't shit itself like an F1 magnetti marelli system

3200's aren't F1, they are a bullet proof Australian made 4 speed. Basically the only part of the car that won't let you down lol.

At such low kms I wouldn't touch it. There are simply too many things that can break and need replacing on these cars during the low km range, once they are all sorted the cars are great, until then you will never know if when taking it out,
If you will be coming home in a tow truck. Get one with higher mileage, let some other sucker spend on it. I've still got my 3200 and I've had it for nearing 8 years now. I've never had an issue with the drive train or gearbox, I've had the usual fly by wire issue which is expected in ALL examples as they are completely faulty after around 60 000km. My one had its whole electronics wiring loom replaced by the previous owner under factory warranty (I haven't had an electrical problem) also the chassis at the front end was also done under warranty, they all tend to spit apart at the front and need to be rewelded and bolted into place for a permanent fix.

The back boxes on the exhausts tend to rust out.

I use it primarily as a shopping/groceries car.

I've had almost no problems in nearly 8 years but a friend of mine had a white AC and he barely was able to drive it because of one problem after another (mostly manual gearbox problems).

If you want a manual car, don't buy a 3200. If you want a 3200, get an auto.

Parts are cheap as any other car (if you buy them from the UK).
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!

Offline ferrarista2

3200's aren't F1, they are a bullet proof Australian made 4 speed. Basically the only part of the car that won't let you down lol.

At such low kms I wouldn't touch it. There are simply too many things that can break and need replacing on these cars during the low km range, once they are all sorted the cars are great, until then you will never know if when taking it out,
If you will be coming home in a tow truck. Get one with higher mileage, let some other sucker spend on it. I've still got my 3200 and I've had it for nearing 8 years now. I've never had an issue with the drive train or gearbox, I've had the usual fly by wire issue which is expected in ALL examples as they are completely faulty after around 60 000km. My one had its whole electronics wiring loom replaced by the previous owner under factory warranty (I haven't had an electrical problem) also the chassis at the front end was also done under warranty, they all tend to spit apart at the front and need to be rewelded and bolted into place for a permanent fix.

The back boxes on the exhausts tend to rust out.

I use it primarily as a shopping/groceries car.

I've had almost no problems in nearly 8 years but a friend of mine had a white AC and he barely was able to drive it because of one problem after another (mostly manual gearbox problems).

If you want a manual car, don't buy a 3200. If you want a 3200, get an auto.

Parts are cheap as any other car (if you buy them from the UK).
Aren't you better off just getting a 4200? Do they sell them in manual? Nicer car and from im told a few less problems

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides

Aren't you better off just getting a 4200? Do they sell them in manual? Nicer car and from im told a few less problems
Mechanically yes, better....by a little bit. Styling though....
The only good thing Maserati had on the 3200-gran sports was the 3200's turbos and the rear lights, both of which the 4200's and GS's got wrong. 4200's and 3200's are about the same price now so comes down to the individual.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides

I've never had any desire for the 4200/gransports.
3200's and grantourismos are what maseratis should be. Italian design, distinguished exhaust note, grand tourers. They aren't throw around cars like a 360/430, and unfortunately the 4200's/GS missed out on the Maserati individual Italian styling.

If only GS came with boomerang lights and twin turbo...

Offline Joey

Thanks Wattens for the Information provided.

If I was to purchase I would want a Stick Manual only not an Auto or a Cambiocorsa.

You're right the 4200's Rear end is not great very Magna looking!

The Grant Sports are the nicer of the model's but that Cambiocorsa drivetrain I've never liked.

The Only manuals are the 3200 and the early 4200's. Something to think about definitely!

I appreciate the input guys thanks.

Offline ferrarista2

I've never had any desire for the 4200/gransports.
3200's and grantourismos are what maseratis should be. Italian design, distinguished exhaust note, grand tourers. They aren't throw around cars like a 360/430, and unfortunately the 4200's/GS missed out on the Maserati individual Italian styling.

If only GS came with boomerang lights and twin turbo...
For similar money, Id be tempted to get a 3 year old Audi A4......throw that about as much as you like with all driver aids on :)