Offline Fortis

• 300kph+ club

MHH you don't need a hoist, you need an intervention  :D

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

IMO a hoist would look out of place and ugly. How about a column lift. You could fit a few against the walls.

Linky?

Offline S4Simon

• The Rubber King of Adelaide

• Drives: Something a metre high
Carparkingsolutions.com.au

Look for Omer column lifts.
I've been rich & I've been poor...

Rich is better

Offline NSX

• The Cow Whisperer

• Drives: Honda NSX
Molnar 4 poster they are Adelaide made as well

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

MHH you don't need a hoist, you need an intervention  :D

:o  Fortis, you are right. :D

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

If you are using for stack only get a 4 poster.

I use the Molnar 4 post. It also has wheels that can be attached so the hoist can be moved.

Make sure it is Work Cover approved as well.

Offline Tiger

I have a 5ton rated two post single phase clear floor easy to work around. You can remove all the wheels and get under the car easy. Call Northern Hydraulics they will sort you out and install for you.
Roll on summer

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

I have a 5ton rated two post single phase clear floor easy to work around. You can remove all the wheels and get under the car easy. Call Northern Hydraulics they will sort you out and install for you.
2 post hoist is a pain in the arse with 2 door cars, esp a mac.

Offline Tiger

2 post hoist is a pain in the arse with 2 door cars, esp a mac.

The upright pillars on my hoist are asymmetrical so you can open a 2 door car with no problem. Not sure about the mac.

Easy fix buy one of each  :D

Some info to think about.

2 Post Configuration
Lift Column Orientation Options

True Asymmetrical Lifts
(SPOA/A series) •Columns are rotated 30°
2 Post hoist Arm Sweep •Places the approximate centre of gravity of the vehicle in line with the optimum load capability of the column
•Allows maximum door opening on passenger cars for improved access to vehicle interior

True Symmetrical Lifts

(SPO/S series)
centre icon •Columns are not rotated Vehicle load is centred between the columns to maximize lifting capacity
•Lift capacities 4,535 kg to 8,164 kg
•More width between columns to accommodate larger vehicles and improve vehicle access
•Allows max door opening on trucks and vans for improved access to vehicle interior

Arm Configurations
2 post hoist Arm Configurations and sweep •Asymmetrical two-stage arms are the standard configuration designed to accommodate a wide range of typical vehicles with three-position adapters.
•Symmetrical two-stage arms are the standard configuration designed to accommodate a wide range of typical vehicles with three position adapters
•Asymmetrical three-stage front arm that increases overall arm coverage and minimum arm reach for hard to lift vehicles.
•Symmetrical three-stage front and rear arms that increase overall arm coverage and minimum arm reach for hard to lift vehicles

Roll on summer

Offline NBTBRV8

Thanks Joel. So no one else has any hoist brand knowledge/experience?

MHH,

If it was a commercial unit you were looking for then I would recommend a Tecamit or a Molnar.  My father has both, both 2 posters, the Molnar is asymetrical.  The Tecamit is probably close to 20 years old now and really hasn't missed a beat and it gets moderate use.  It is an electric unit and it probably my favourite of the two to use.

The Molnar is a flat base unit so it has the overhead structure allowing for super low cars.  The Molnar has oil (I think) so you can drop the cars at small increments more so than the electric Tecamits.  Plus if there is a power outage you can still drop the cars.

You'd want a 4 poster if you aren't going to be working in the cars i.e. need to pull the wheels off and really these brands are probably the two most respected.  However if it is for recreational use then don't look past some of the Chinese units now, they are pretty good and very well priced.

Here in this state you have to get the installed by an approved installer and there are a few that are unbiased towards brands, so find out who your local installers are and ask them for their thoughts.  The guy who installed my father's Molnar recently sells them, but he was telling us that at his home he uses a Chinese brand because of the value for money.

The other thing to do is get in touch with your local exhaust companies as they use 4 posters all the time and will be able to tell you their experiences and from what the word is in the trade amongst their counterparts based on experiences.