Offline rob_378

Hi all,

I'm a newcomer to this forum, and I'm looking at buying one of two Elan's for sale in VIC.

Given the rarity of these cars, and having read on this forum that many of the owners of these cars have seen nearly all the Elans in Australia, I'd like to hear from anyone who knows about the condition/history of the two cars for sale at the moment on www.carsales.com.au

The registration numbers are: XOA 037, and the other is XHE 431.

Many thanks,

Rob.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
I dont know either of these cars, I dont know of anyoe on the forum that owns one. Some of the Lotus owners on here might know the cars or be able to point you towards some other forums as well.

http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/forum/317-australia/

I thought they had a rep for being unrelaible but this seems to say otherwise. http://www.lotuselancentral.com/faq.htm

Offline andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park 300kph+ club
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass
XOA is a S2, XHE is a S1.

I've always had a soft spot for the S2. There are at least 2 in Australia, Australian delivered cars with less than 20,000km. As soon as one comes up for sale, I'm buying it.
Cars with such high mileage I personally wouldn't touch.  Way too many things to fix to bring up to my standard.

See them at my place all the time. Very reliable cars to be used as daily drivers.
You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Cars with such high mileage I personally wouldn't touch.  Way too many things to fix to bring up to my standard.

But if you want a daily driver you don't need to be Andecorp Anal, XOA is worth checking out. Those miles are nothing really, unless you are Mr Fussy pants............     :tilt:

Offline cjay

I love M100's I have had two of them and they are great cars, very reliable :)

I looked at XOA years ago, it was OK, nothing special, had the original wheels back then.  I think XHE is an ex Sydney car as well, have not seen that one in person, I have been thinking of checking it out. My old car is for sale in NSW, the Medina green one, it's had a lot of love since I got it and is in good shape for it's age, it was great to see it again at the CLA concourse this year. :)

The green one in Perth is a special car as well, only around 10 were made like that.

My old silver one Elan probably the best one on the planet, I really regret selling it. It's in Noosa, if it ever comes up for sale again I'll be racing Andecorp up there to get it back ;)

My head is full of useless/useful knowledge on M100's if you have any questions feel free to PM me

Offline rob_378

Many thanks to all for the useful replies and tips.

Cjay, I'll certainly bother you with more questions. Thanks for your kind offer!