Offline Condor Man

• Is it a Bird?? Well, sort of, Yes.... 300kph+ club
  • Plastic Surgeon

• Drives: A car
I think that it is a major improvement over the FF that it replaces.
May the Horse be with you....

Offline Condor Man

• Is it a Bird?? Well, sort of, Yes.... 300kph+ club
  • Plastic Surgeon

• Drives: A car
SPECTACULAR SPORTY PERFORMANCE, VERSATILE ALL-CONDITIONS DRIVING, SUBLIME ELEGANCE. THE FERRARI GTC4LUSSO: A UNIQUE PACKAGE

The arrival of the new Ferrari GTC4Lusso has changed the sporty four-seater four-wheel drive Grand Tourer concept forever. Its name recalls some of the most elegant Ferraris ever built, not least Enzo Ferrari’s beloved 330 GT 2+2 and the 250 GT Berlinetta Lusso. The 4, of course, references the cabin’s four comfortable seats.

This is a car designed for clients wanting to experience the exhilaration of Ferrari driving anywhere, anytime, anyhow: short spins and long journeys, snowy mountain roads and city streets, alone or in the company of three lucky passengers. Clients that demand power but refuse to compromise on in-car comfort, sporty elegance and impeccable detailing.

Its 12-cylinder engine delivers smooth, consistent power. And punches out 690 cv at 8,000 rpm at full throttle. Both its 2.6 kg/cv power-to-weight ratio and its 13.5:1 compression ratio set new records for the category. Maximum torque is 697 Nm at 5,750 rpm with 80% already available at just 1,750 rpm for superb responsiveness even at low revs. The soundtrack brilliantly reflects the car’s multifaceted personality: rich and powerful in sporty driving situations, an all-encompassing harmonious purr in the city.

GTC4LUSSO

The Ferrari GTC4Lusso is an exceptionally versatile car on every kind of surface thanks to the Ferrari-patented 4RM Evo integrated with version 4.0 of the Slip Side Control system, another Prancing Horse trademark. Both systems are also linked to the rear-wheel steering for the first time. All allow the driver to handle the GTC4Lusso’s extraordinary torque even on snow-covered, wet or low-grip roads. The result is consistent stability and a feeling of increased control and security that translates into superior performance.

The Ferrari Design-penned GTC4Lusso is a further refinement of the shooting brake coupé to which it has given a new twist to produce a streamlined, tapered shape with an almost fastback-like silhouette.

Its sporty soul is underscored by the forms and styling of the rear where the curve of the roof has been lowered whilst retaining enough volume to guarantee all four occupants exceptional space and comfort. Ferrari’s signature twin rear lights adorn the tail.

The cabin is a flawless triumph of sporty luxury: innovation and attention to detail are the keys, notably in the innovative Dual Cockpit design which features a completely redesigned, more compact steering wheel, and the brand-new navigation and entertainment system with 10.25” HD screen with capacitive touch technology.

The arrival of the new Ferrari GTC4Lusso has changed the sporty four-seater Grand Tourer concept forever.
May the Horse be with you....

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter
What's with the recycling of famous old names?
I love my car. Buy your own

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

What's with the recycling of famous old names?

Is it really a famous name? Isn't it like calling a car a Deluxe?

Edit.  I see what you mean. :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Kb2c4C-aw0

Offline Aircon

Is it really a famous name? Isn't it like calling a car a Deluxe?

Edit.  I see what you mean. :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Kb2c4C-aw0

lol. Here's what IanB had to say about it....

Sigh, Ferrari manages to trash two important names from its heritage in one go with breathtaking ignorance.

"The 4 of course means 4 seats".

In the original GTC/4, it meant 4 cam.

Lusso was originally the luxury version of the he 250SWB, then evolved to a separate model in the 250 series. It was never used for a 2+2.

Still, their target market (China) will neither know or care 

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

lol. Here's what IanB had to say about it....

Sigh, Ferrari manages to trash two important names from its heritage in one go with breathtaking ignorance.

"The 4 of course means 4 seats".

In the original GTC/4, it meant 4 cam.

Lusso was originally the luxury version of the he 250SWB, then evolved to a separate model in the 250 series. It was never used for a 2+2.

Still, their target market (China) will neither know or care

Most buyers - anywhere - will never have heard of the old cars.

Offline Aircon

Most buyers - anywhere - will never have heard of the old cars.

Sad but true.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Sad but true.

Is it sad? I've never heard of the old stuff and I'm not interested to learn. I'm very interested in the current/new stuff. I'd rather go to a motor show than a museum.

Offline Aircon

Is it sad? I've never heard of the old stuff and I'm not interested to learn. I'm very interested in the current/new stuff. I'd rather go to a motor show than a museum.

I think it is. Just because you and millions of others haven't heard of something, doesn't erase history. I'm only interested in the new stuff too, but the story of how they came about can be interesting too.