Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
Very harsh on the Huracan. I didn't know he dislikes it so much.

The multiple mode setup reminds me of the M5s I had. A real turn off.

I've just remembered Harris has some kind of feud going on in the background with Lamborghini and they wont let him drive their cars, so that would have strongly influenced his "opinion".

Re the M5, couldn't you just program all the desired settings once to the M Sport button and just hit that?
This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Offline TJB

I've just remembered Harris has some kind of feud going on in the background with Lamborghini and they wont let him drive their cars, so that would have strongly influenced his "opinion".

Re the M5, couldn't you just program all the desired settings once to the M Sport button and just hit that?
IIRC the M1 & M2 modes are effectively "speed-dials" to put all the preferred modes into action, and I think any combination can be used

Offline E7ITE

Really?  He had that going on with Ferrari for a number of years as well.  Maybe now he's in Ferrari's good books he's obliged to slag the opposition.

Offline JBO

I'll try and get the background when I have time. It had something to do with winklemann...
This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

IIRC the M1 & M2 modes are effectively "speed-dials" to put all the preferred modes into action, and I think any combination can be used

Correct. In the M5, it gave you a choice of lurchy or lethargic with no middle setting. The Audi is probably better.

Offline JBO

Correct. In the M5, it gave you a choice of lurchy or lethargic with no middle setting. The Audi is probably better.

And here I was thinking this was a total bargain at the moment...

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/BMW-M5-2005/SSE-AD-3927659/?Cr=11

Offline F1V10

• Drives: V10 M5
  • Name: Mr HaHa
And here I was thinking this was a total bargain at the moment...

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/BMW-M5-2005/SSE-AD-3927659/?Cr=11
It's been on carsales for 6 months. Definitely best colour combo. Value for money at $40k

Offline M500

As F1V10 said, god value buying at under $40k. Assuming it is the MY06 update. Shame about the wood trim

Offline JBO

As F1V10 said, god value buying at under $40k. Assuming it is the MY06 update. Shame about the wood trim

Yep the trim would have to be changed out on purchase. It's awful.