Offline Steve.

• Drives: AMG.
  • Name: Steve
When are they expected to be in Aus?
They look better then the Mercs my opinion.

I'm being told September.

I'll have my deposit refunded. It's not $25000 more car than an A45. Audi Australia are just taking the piss.

Offline Joel

I'm being told September.

I'll be getting a refund of my deposit. It's not $25000 more car than an A45. Audi Australia are just taking the piss.

Very true, I like the styling of the rs3 over the a45 but I am not in the market for either.

Offline Steve.

• Drives: AMG.
  • Name: Steve
Very true, I like the styling of the rs3 over the a45 but I am not in the market for either.

Australian pricing for the RS3 makes the A45 look like an absolute bargain - the RS3 will be $95000+ on roads by the time it's specced to A45 levels, and then there are the seats and the brakes even though I'm not sure of the merits of ceramic brakes on a hot hatch.

I'd love the RS3 but only if it were priced comparably to the A45, and it's nowhere near. $25000 buys a bunch of great things that don't depreciate as quickly as an Audi.

I'm hoping the Golf R400 comes to Australia... because I can see that in my future in lieu of the RS3 :D

Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
not a bad little vid - sounds great this thing!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdLrZcRz-_c" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdLrZcRz-_c</a>
This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Shmee is learning his craft surprisingly well. At first, I thought he was just a hooray henry type but he seems to know his stuff and can do a fairly seamless piece to camera without pause.

The car sounds great but looks too plain for the money - almost £50K!

Offline JBO

I think its ever so close in the looks department. It just needs more pronounced flared guards like the older RS4 wagon and better alloys.
But it's still the nicest Audi in quite some time.
The Nardo Grey colour is my favourite. Agree the price is too high. $79900 in Oz, plus options and on-roads...

Here's Nardo Grey

This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Offline Alpinem3e92

Specced with ceramics and sports seats and a few other cheaper goodies, >$110 OTR hmmmm but that little 2.5 yummy

Offline JBO

This is a promo piece but it does show that the chassis is…very un-Audi like!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhxsPkBPzLQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhxsPkBPzLQ</a>

Offline TJB

Nice colour, but not a fan of the RS3 decal on the side

Offline dkabab

Had a close look at this today... it looks great in the battle ship grey primer. Not a car that sticks out, but thats probably the point....