Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Up close they aren't as arresting as the pics. The car lost a lot in the translation from the concept. It's an interesting car though. I'm not sure who it will appeal to as it isn't a hardcore sportster with its skinny tyres, and ingress/egress is too tricky for ladies who lunch.

Offline hydie

Do we know if anyone has ordered one in AD?
I believe 4 have been sold so far to NSW customers.

Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
Up close they aren't as arresting as the pics. The car lost a lot in the translation from the concept. It's an interesting car though. I'm not sure who it will appeal to as it isn't a hardcore sportster with its skinny tyres, and ingress/egress is too tricky for ladies who lunch.

My understanding was wider wheels and tyres are available as an option.
Do you reckon you'll take one for a spin out of curiosity Mark?
This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

My understanding was wider wheels and tyres are available as an option.
Do you reckon you'll take one for a spin out of curiosity Mark?

No SA dealer AFAIK so it might be hard but certainly worth a drive. What isn't? :p

Offline JBO

So Adelaide Motors can't sell you one? Bizarre!
This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
So Adelaide Motors can't sell you one? Bizarre!

They had plenty of promo gear on it a year ago. Maybe after spending too much money opening a probably failing, under promoted Ferrari dealership, they thought they'd leave the i8 alone.

Offline JBO

This might sound crazy...but perhaps the issue with the Ferrari dealership is that it's not visible unless you turn into Hindley street. If it had some visibility and was lit up at night on west terrace people might actually be aware it existed. I know there are other problems with the dealership beyond this, but surely visibility is key for brand exposure.

If it was me I'd turn the concept of a dealership on it's head - Set it up in Unley, Hyde Park or Norwood, attach a small bar and restaurant to it, showcase the vehicles, hold car related events there - maybe sell Maserati out of the same dealership.

I'd love to go to a place like that on a Thursday or Friday night for a meal, a few drinks and a gawk at the cars.

I know FUEL in Surry Hills many years ago was built on the same concept and didn't survive, but with Adelaide's new bar rules maybe the time is right?

Forgetting Ferrari, what about a setup like this for the BMW i brand? Or based around classic cars and exotics and you bring in car clubs for special events with food and drink themed accordingly....

Leverage the car sub-culture in a positive way...lots of opportunity...

Offline Steve355F1

• Drives: 355F1 GTS
I think that's a bloody good idea.

Which means it would probably fail.

Offline mtarone

No SA dealer AFAIK so it might be hard but certainly worth a drive. What isn't? :p

Thats odd. I was told this week they are and to expect an invite to the launch soon.

Offline futurism

• Drives: Regretfully sold my GT3
  • Name: David
I wander about the city endlessly on the weekends and I must confess I am yet to actually notice the Adelaide ferrari dealer even though I'm aware of roughly where it is.