Offline diabloinoz

• 300kph+ club

• Drives: Diablo 6.0
Just went out for a quick blast this morning, as I'm getting used to the Lambo, venturing a bit further from home.

Astonished to see how many bikes there were out going bananas ... had a nice gentle "stroll" in the Diablo ... just getting a good feel for her on the twisties.

Left with a feeling of unadulterated respect ... she is unbelievably quick when you use the full right throttle ... easily able to keep up with the bikes, particularly on the twisty stuff.

I shall now be seeking out some longer and more enjoyable sweeping country roads ... those in the "know" ... ping me when you're considering cruises to some enjoyable places and I will tag along if I have the time.

Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

Hey Sulley, thats a great road.  When I lived up there I frequented there a lot on my 916 Ducati, stop at Mt White for Coffee and there used to be a famous Pie shop just before Mt White.

A good run I can recommend is what you've done but keep heading North then turn off at Somersby from memory and then do Wisemans Ferry Road.  Great roads.  Once you cross the river on the punt you can stop at Wisemans Pub for lunch.  Then head back another great road heading to wards Windsor but turn off and head through Dural.  Have a search on Google Maps but it is a great run.

Make sure you do Galston Gorge too!!!

Great to hear you're enjoying the car. :thumbsup:

Offline Nobleambitions

• Back from the naughty corner.

They just resurfaced the Dural side; really smooth now. Plenty of wide country roads to explore that way as well - just don't board Berowra Waters ferry, as you will likely destroy the front end of your car. I know of a few JDM meets where members found that out the hard way :D

I also find Ku-ring-gai Chase Road (Mt. Colah - North Turramurra; vice versa) leading down to, and out from Bobbin Head quite enjoyable; though there is an $11.00 entry fee during the day.

Comenarra Parkway in Turramurra is always a blast, too.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter
Hey Sulley, thats a great road.  When I lived up there I frequented there a lot on my 916 Ducati, stop at Mt White for Coffee and there used to be a famous Pie shop just before Mt White.

A good run I can recommend is what you've done but keep heading North then turn off at Somersby from memory and then do Wisemans Ferry Road.  Great roads.  Once you cross the river on the punt you can stop at Wisemans Pub for lunch.  Then head back another great road heading to wards Windsor but turn off and head through Dural.  Have a search on Google Maps but it is a great run.

Great to hear you're enjoying the car. :thumbsup:

The next GG horse? :)

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline Tiger

I've done Galston Gorge many times, good fun.
Roll on summer

Offline BenC

• Bus Driver

• Drives: cars
  • Name: Ben
Love the old pacific highway, i'm up there a few times a month on a bike or in the lambo.

That said, be super careful.  Even on weekdays the highway patrol are out in force on that road, and have some very sneaky places to sit.

Wisemans ferry loop is ok, but I find the road still too bumpy.  Feels like the dash is about to come out.

Have you tried the old national park road heading south towards wollongong?  Some fantastic sections, much longer than the pacific highway, very smooth in parts and the sea cliff bridge is stunning to drive across.

Ill pm you my details, be happy to go for a run with you one day if you like.  I only work tuesdays and thursdays so am free most days.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
Galston gorge is a good 10 seconds of fun and a bad 20 minutes if a coach or truck get stuck going around one of the corners. My parents live up that way so I use to do that run out of necessity not out of fun. It's simply too short!!!

Old PAC rd.... Way too many coppers. Also had a friend have a fatal head on on the old PAC about 6 years ago. Turbo+MX5+one tiny mistake is all it took.

Nsw has shit drivers roads though. After living in the Austrian alps on the border of Italy, nothing here in OZ even compared so I hardly bother now... Same thing happened when I came back to Australia's shit Internet speeds, online gaming is also wrecked for me lol
Enjoying Life!!!!

Online allanuber

• Name: Al

Sounds like an EA Sydney run sometime soon? We haven't done one in ages...

Early start, get some driving in, eat somewhere, disperse - anyone else keen?
C'mon, do it!

Offline Staz88

• Drives: Lotus Exige
  • Name: Mark

Offline BenC

• Bus Driver

• Drives: cars
  • Name: Ben
I'm probably heading for a run down the nasho, south of sydney towards the gong this weekend, hopefully Sunday if anyones interested.  Forecast looks ok.