Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Heat reflecting laminate?

Yeah, it's a layer of silver oxide apparently, to stop heat.

Offline dkabab

Yeah, it's a layer of silver oxide apparently, to stop heat.

good to know, have always wondered

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Chief Muppet Wrangler @ Drugs.R.Us Badlands Sector

• Drives: Slowly and carefully
I think custom grafix in braeside do it.

They wrap anything with anything, world class job.

I assume ozishield Terrence doesn't? You've asked?

Last time I asked Terrence he didn't; but it was a while back.

You also need to have somebody who knows what they are doing. Remember the hack job that guy did on the Michelotto before Terrence redid it again properly?

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Chief Muppet Wrangler @ Drugs.R.Us Badlands Sector

• Drives: Slowly and carefully
Paint protection - epping

How good are they on the installation side? Seen any examples of their work up close?

Yellow is probably the worst colour for film visibility.

Offline NBTBRV8

I'm not sure I'd use it anyway as it can't be as clear as a clean screen.

I have it installed and it is very good.  When you look at the screen from inside the car you can "just" see it, but when you look through it you don't notice it at all.  I bought it from the US and had my Ventureshield guy install it.

I don't think you'd get booked for it, as you have to look pretty hard.  You'd have more chances of being booked for a dodgy number plate than clearplex.  I will use it again for sure as I do quite a few highway kms.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

I have it installed and it is very good.  When you look at the screen from inside the car you can "just" see it, but when you look through it you don't notice it at all.  I bought it from the US and had my Ventureshield guy install it.

I don't think you'd get booked for it, as you have to look pretty hard.  You'd have more chances of being booked for a dodgy number plate than clearplex.  I will use it again for sure as I do quite a few highway kms.

I might stick it on a car and check it out.

Offline NSX

• The Cow Whisperer

• Drives: Honda NSX
what do renaults have on their windscreens. not sure if i only see it with polarised sunnys on or not, but they look purplish....

I heard when they first came out with that treatment in their windscreens toll road transponders didn't register. Renault had to replace every windscreen they now have a small square near the mirror where there is no treatment.

Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

Yellow is probably the worst colour for film visibility.

Yes, I agree.  I have the film on my car and you can see the join line across the front wing.  There is a very very very slight gap which dust gets into so I have a visible black line.

I have a little rust spot that needs fixing and a few chips on the light vents so will probably strip the whole body again and do a full respray and leave the film off and just re paint the car every few years when it gets bad.

Offline T0M722

Offline Horse

• Hung like Einstein

Yes, I agree.  I have the film on my car and you can see the join line across the front wing.  There is a very very very slight gap which dust gets into so I have a visible black line.

I have a little rust spot that needs fixing and a few chips on the light vents so will probably strip the whole body again and do a full respray and leave the film off and just re paint the car every few years when it gets bad.

So it will be 2017 before I see your car?  :)
Why such a long face?