Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Offline tdc911

These things cannot be beaten for visual drama.

https://petrolicious.com/articles/homologation-extra-special-the-mercedes-benz-clk-gtr

I prefer the Porsche 911 GT1-98 Straßenversion. Just wish it had bigger wheels to fill its arches.

...but forever the ultimate racecar for the road:
https://drivetribe.com/p/auzvLEQDSfO49bpQE1KQXw?iid=QVochdLJQ4iXEwiBN36Qiw

Offline MRdino

• Ferrari Enthusiast, Photographer

• Name: N
It was for sale on and off for the last 4 or 5 years, always a bit ahead of fair market value IMO. When we sold it it had a fresh engine rebuild and sound cosmetics. It went to David Rodd who was one of the partners in JB HiFi before it was floated. He owned it for a couple of years and then sold it to a Sydney musician who owned it up until about 12 months ago. I last saw it at the 2012 FCA concourse in Como park and it was in pretty sad condition. It had bubbling under the paint pretty much all over and the interior was pretty grungy.
Not a good sign for how well the mechanical bits had been maintained; but they may have been OK. In my opinion it needed a lot of potentially very expensive work on a car that was already overpriced. It sold to a local and is now in a very good shop in New Zealand being restored. It should come back in better condition than it's been in decades.

I'm not sorry I didn't buy it back. $2 million is a lot of money to have sitting in one car. It would have to return $200k per year net to justify the investment, and I can't see it happening.

I recently found my Fathers old Testarossa that I sold at the same time as the 275. I sold it to a Greek car dealer in Sydney for his own use. It disappeared for the next 18 years before resurfacing. I thought long and hard about buying it back; but in the end passed on it.
The reality is I would rarely use it and I have a garage full of stuff I don't use now. The rational decision was that I have the 308 for sentimental reasons and I don't need the other 2 cars as well.
Was the 275 only worth 2 million back in 2013. If so that thing is skyrocketted I saw your particular 275 last week and Jeff Dutton said it was around the 6 Mil mark now.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
Was the 275 only worth 2 million back in 2013. If so that thing is skyrocketted I saw your particular 275 last week and Jeff Dutton said it was around the 6 Mil mark now.

I wouldn't believe everything you hear from used car salesman.
Plenty of sales data on them from world sales in recent times if you wanted to get a handle on current values. I would suggest
$6 million is all the money and then some.