Offline dkabab

So how do the likes of Pagani, Koenigsegg manage to sell cars? its not like they're owned by a parent company that can spread the emissions target out among a bunch of grocery getters.

pagani went from 7.3L v12 N/A 600hp to 6L v12 Twin turbo 720bhp. Im not sure on the emissions numbers, but that was a large reason they went turbo.

Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle
pagani went from 7.3L v12 N/A 600hp to 6L v12 Twin turbo 720bhp. Im not sure on the emissions numbers, but that was a large reason they went turbo.

Yeah i know :( i love the look of the Huayra, but if it were my money on the line I'd pick a Zonda

Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle
A view that I have held for a long time is that dealers, importers etc bring in auto/PDK/whatevers as floor stock (cause anyone can drive one vs a manual), people come they buy and drive home in their shiny new auto whatever toy, why cause that was what the dealer had then and there, versus waiting 3-4-6 months to get..... Say a manual.

The dealers and importers look at the sales figures, wow, we sold lots of auto/PDK/whatevers last month, we better order some more..... And so it goes.

It's a theory, I like it.

My wife drives a manual mk7 golf R, special order, and I drive a frog R manual of course and the Spyder is a manual, we will continue to assist with the deposit of lightly used manuals cars in the market place.

Well call me when you sell the Spyder i might be back in the market then ;)

Offline RS

• Drives: AMG

May also have to do with what AMG willing to provide, do they still produce NA V12's?
Convict by heritage, Guilty by Choice

Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...

My wife drives a manual mk7 golf R, special order, and I drive a frog R manual of course and the Spyder is a manual, we will continue to assist with the deposit of lightly used manuals cars in the market place.
[/quote]

You are doing God's work sir.
This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
A view that I have held for a long time is that dealers, importers etc bring in auto/PDK/whatevers as floor stock (cause anyone can drive one vs a manual), people come they buy and drive home in their shiny new auto whatever toy, why cause that was what the dealer had then and there, versus waiting 3-4-6 months to get..... Say a manual.

The dealers and importers look at the sales figures, wow, we sold lots of auto/PDK/whatevers last month, we better order some more..... And so it goes.

It's a theory, I like it.

I was quoting the Ferrari factory experience, as far up the tree from local dealers as it is possible to get.
The vast majority of new Ferrari orders are made specifically to the specification of a direct customer order due to the vast array of custom options available these days. Very, very few are dealer orders for floor stock.

As a result the production figures are a very accurate measure of customer demand for manual cars.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

It's heresy to admit it but a GT4 excites me more than a GT3RS. I'm wondering if I ordered the wrong car. :o

Offline Alpinem3e92

It's heresy to admit it but a GT4 excites me more than a GT3RS. I'm wondering if I ordered the wrong car. :o

Lol

Offline Fortis

• 300kph+ club

This might be silly, I am placing a deposit on a GT4 RS, I know nothing about Porsche any of the Porsche gurus here think they will ever build the RS version of the GT4? Any rumors, inside info etc.?

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

This might be silly, I am placing a deposit on a GT4 RS, I know nothing about Porsche any of the Porsche gurus here think they will ever build the RS version of the GT4? Any rumors, inside info etc.?

I put my name down for the same this week but the dealer hadn't heard of it.