Offline Fortis

• 300kph+ club

I put my name down for the same this week but the dealer hadn't heard of it.

Ok I don't feel as crazy  :D

Offline mtarone

This might be silly, I am placing a deposit on a GT4 RS, I know nothing about Porsche any of the Porsche gurus here think they will ever build the RS version of the GT4? Any rumors, inside info etc.?

I put my name down for one as well.  :D

Offline Fortis

• 300kph+ club

I put my name down for one as well.  :D

I am feeling saner by the minute LOL

Online looney

• Drives: VW Beetle
It's heresy to admit it but a GT4 excites me more than a GT3RS. I'm wondering if I ordered the wrong car. :o

no it means you've realised that lap times are meaningless beyond a certain point ;)

Online NBTBRV8

If my GTS order falls over I will seriously look at how I can get in to a GT4.  After two weeks PCA hasn't been able to provide a build slot which I find strange for a car that is still being built.  It makes me think that they have sold all of their slots and are trying to get another one from somewhere.

Offline Alpinem3e92

If my GTS order falls over I will seriously look at how I can get in to a GT4.  After two weeks PCA hasn't been able to provide a build slot which I find strange for a car that is still being built.  It makes me think that they have sold all of their slots and are trying to get another one from somewhere.

NBT, I was told prod on 981 GTS, for Aus anyway, was done and dusted.

There is still, maybe, a PDK Cayman GTS in Canberra.

Offline Alpinem3e92

I put my name down for the same this week but the dealer hadn't heard of it.

So Mark, what would a unicorn RS look like in a 981/718 in your opinion?

Cage is already an option
GT3 PCCB is already an option
GT3 steel brakes are standard
Fire ext is already an option
Wider wheels and tyres is standard
Light weight buckets are already an option
GT suspension is standard
Adjustable rear wing is standard

So really they can target weight, bigger wing  :eek:, the 991 3.8 with power kit, more aggressive suspension maybe?

It goes to show IMO that it is, when loaded with goodies, a pretty special car already.

Online NBTBRV8

NBT, I was told prod on 981 GTS, for Aus anyway, was done and dusted.

There is still, maybe, a PDK Cayman GTS in Canberra.

The day before I signed they told me that there were two build slots left.  I think something is going on, my guess is that they are trying to get a build slot allocated to somewhere else.

Offline Alpinem3e92

The day before I signed they told me that there were two build slots left.  I think something is going on, my guess is that they are trying to get a build slot allocated to somewhere else.

Not sure about everyone else but I have GREAT difficulty trying to buy P cars interstate, unless they are demo or there is no cars available in stock or to order locally. Anti competition BS

On the plus side NBT, if they can't and don't have one locally to you, get on the phone and start calling all P dealers to see what they have in stock or coming?

Online NBTBRV8

Not sure about everyone else but I have GREAT difficulty trying to buy P cars interstate, unless they are demo or there is no cars available in stock or to order locally. Anti competition BS

On the plus side NBT, if they can't and don't have one locally to you, get on the phone and start calling all P dealers to see what they have in stock or coming?

I get on well with Brighton and spoke to them, but as you pointed out I have to have a licence from the state in which the dealer is located.  Also Tasmania has cheaper on roads than Vic, so I was already $5k in front.

I feel that there is some issue as I asked them to see if the factory could fit option 509 a seat mounted fire extinguisher because it isn't available as an option on the GTS, but is on the GT4 with the same Sports adaptive seats.  The dealer said they thought they might be able to organise it, but after chasing it for a week the sales guy isn't coming back to me.  So this plus no build date makes me think they are struggling to get the order locked in.

Does anybody know if there are any GT4 build slots left for Australia?