Offline j15

Nice; but you will need serious bucks for your middle ground :)

These days I would be happy with one new exotic and a very nice daily driver plus the Tesla for the wife. I can easily live without all the rest. Fortunately I am happy in the house that we have now. No desire to upgrade or have one in a far flung exotic location :)

+1

Holiday homes sound nice in principle but I doubt the reality is as good as many want it to be (although Lake Como would probably be OK :D).

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Electric everything
  • Name: Peter
+1

Holiday homes sound nice in principle but I doubt the reality is as good as many want it to be (although Lake Como would probably be OK :D).

I've never understood the whole holiday home thing, really.
I don't want to feel obligated to go to the same place all the time.....and they seem to be a lot of work!
I love my car. Buy your own

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

+1

It makes no financial sense but I'd love a place in Bellagio. One of my favourite places in the whole wide world.

Offline Joel

Holiday homes are crap. My old boy has a couple and I can honestly say I haven't been to one of them in 7 years. Nothing wrong with the place great location on the beach and only 2 hour drive from home.

Like PP I feel like I have to go there as it is a family place but I went there as a kid and want to travel to other places.

A house overseas is different as I would use it as a base to be able to roam and not have to pay for hotels the whole time.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

For OS travel Air B&B have taken up a lot of the slack.

In Oz I bought timeshare for the kids 10 years ago.

We can go to any number of resort type accommodations throughout Australia.

Don't use it much anymore but when the kids were small it was just brilliant.

I think I paid about $4.500 for each week back then , now you can get them for bugger all for some reason.

Offline tdc911

Potential to be the best 911 ever created.

Nope, needs to weigh as little as the original and notch up some race wins.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

I rest my case -

https://www.airbnb.com.au/s/Lake-Como--Province-of-Como--Italy?guests=4&checkin=30-11-2015&checkout=18-12-2015&ss_id=g90zp1ri&source=bb

Better financially but it doesn't meet the emotional need some have to own somewhere.  AirBnB is a substitute for a hotel, but not for an investment property.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Better financially but it doesn't meet the emotional need some have to own somewhere.  AirBnB is a substitute for a hotel, but not for an investment property.

True, if you lived and worked in London you could use it on weekends but not from Australia, it would be empty 9 months of the year.

Plenty of people in Melbourne have a place by the beach, it's only a couple of hours drive so perfect for weekends.

I prefer to have the flexibility of time share or hotels so you are free to visit new places without feeling the need to use your holiday house. They have been a great investment over the years though.

Offline jamesatfish

We have a holiday place at the NSW South Coast - I love travelling and taking the family to see new places, but it's brilliant to have somewhere close by to relax and unwind. I've got everything I need down there - clothes, amenities, tech - so we can take an overnight break with zero advance planning - just drive to the coast instead of home.

I'll do the same in Sydney as soon as I can afford it.

As for the 911 R - if it ends up being a 4 seat GT3 (or close enough in spirit) it'll be a massive winner.