Offline ckbag

I am finally in a position where I can buy a car for myself so I am inspecting a vantage v8 next week.

If all goes according to plan i would like to arrange a PPI, can anyone give me mechanic recommendations for PPIs in Sydney?

Also looking at gallardos so would be great to receive suggestions for lambo PPIs.

When i searched the forum this site came up http://www.autoinspect.com.au/our-services

Are they any good?

Thanks guys

Offline NBTBRV8

Sorry I can't help, but which Vantage are you looking at?

Offline ckbag

pretty much any v8 model which has an auto transmission

Offline bbb

I just sold my V8 Vantage and had a PPI done ready for sale from Aston Martin Sydney. I'm not sure if they only do it for customer cars they know as mine was serviced with them from new and I had just had the major service done at the time.

Offline NBTBRV8

Normally the manufacturer dealers offer this service as it is easy money for them.

Offline ckbag

Normally the manufacturer dealers offer this service as it is easy money for them.

The problem is one of the vehicles I am looking at is for sale AT the dealer.... I am finding independent Aston martin are quite rare compared to other exotic brands

Offline peterelise

• Drives: DBS
  • Name: Peter
Not sure what year model you are looking to buy but I got Trivett to do an inspection on the 2009 model car I had bought 2nd hand from another dealer  with a view to me buying a factory warranty (which I subsequently did).  I think they do that on cars up to 10 years old (or you can buy a warranty that lasts until the car is 10).  Anyway, worth ringing the service department at Trivett and asking them about the factory warranty and whether they will do an inspection to see if the car qualifies (and if it does, you will know everything is in good order).

Offline ckbag

Not sure what year model you are looking to buy but I got Trivett to do an inspection on the 2009 model car I had bought 2nd hand from another dealer  with a view to me buying a factory warranty (which I subsequently did).  I think they do that on cars up to 10 years old (or you can buy a warranty that lasts until the car is 10).  Anyway, worth ringing the service department at Trivett and asking them about the factory warranty and whether they will do an inspection to see if the car qualifies (and if it does, you will know everything is in good order).

The car i am looking into is for sale at Trivetts....

Offline peterelise

• Drives: DBS
  • Name: Peter
Perfect.  Ask them if it is eligible for the factory warranty.

Offline ckbag

Perfect.  Ask them if it is eligible for the factory warranty.

I will ask but what I am looking for is somewhere to have a PPI for the vehicle :P