Good posts by futurism and mondi
These sort of comments from bludgers are a pet hate of mine
- I cop it on two fronts , my car and my job/business.
I do most of my driving at night (for fun) when there's barely a soul on the road to see me , so I suppose I'm a bit like the man on the mountain. Having said that - if I want to show off a nice car then good luck to me I say!
I also trade the financial markets for a living............so I'm told I've got it easy and contribute nothing to society (except exhaust fumes
) Forgetting for a moment that I spent the best part of 15 years studing my arse off and then working in the medical/pharmaceutical arena , it seems the only reason everyone else doesn't sit on their arse with money raining down on them like I do is because they want to give back to the community in their occupation
Well if it's so easy then come on down folks for just a little while into a profession where:
- you literally put your financial bollocks on the line every minute of every day
- 99% of the people I know who've tried it have ended up broke , or much worse off. Especially over the last 3 years which have very much sorted out the men from the boys
- in my case 70-80 hrs would be a light week ( at the end of which you may have lost a fortune)
- in my case you operate for 7-8 hrs (or more) straight/day at an intensity of concentration most people couldn't even comprehend...........lucky to get time to blink let alone a lunch break. Yes I have had a quiet 5 minutes right now
After you've made a quick mill , you can then return to your community service with an elevated ability to contribute.
I do it because I've worked bloody hard to be one of the best at it and I enjoy the challenge of pitting my wits against the rest of the worldwide investment/trading community. And if I do well enough to afford a nice car then good for me and STFU