Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
This question of posing is one I often find myself discussing with commodore or hyundai or corolla owners.
Its never put as posing more one of want vs need, and how disgusting or inappropriate it is to own a vehicle worth more than a hyundai because its usefulness (to them) is no different.

This is best when you are in someone elses house.

I like to turn the tables with a table, as you are normally sitting at someones table when they start on this topic...

Yeah.

Imagine how much could go to charities for research. :thumbsdown:

You can say that about anything though - why pay $80 bucks for a steak and bottle of wine when you could have baked beans and water for $0.80 cents and give the rest to charity?

Offline eddievanhalen

• Drives: 2010 jaguar xkr
Good posts by futurism and mondi  :thumbsup:

These sort of comments from bludgers are a pet hate of mine  :gnasher: - I cop it on two fronts , my car and my job/business.

I do most of my driving at night (for fun) when there's barely a soul on the road to see me , so I suppose I'm a bit like the man on the mountain.  Having said that - if I want to show off a nice car  then good luck to me I say!

I also trade the financial markets for a living............so I'm told I've got it easy and contribute nothing to society (except exhaust fumes  :D )   Forgetting for a moment that I spent the best part of 15 years studing my arse off and then working in the medical/pharmaceutical arena , it seems the only reason everyone else doesn't sit on their arse with money raining down on them like I do is because they want to give back to the community  in their occupation :rolleyes:   Well if it's so easy then come on down folks for just a little while into a profession where:

- you literally put your financial bollocks on the line every minute of every day
- 99% of the people I know who've tried it have ended up broke , or much worse off.  Especially over the last 3 years which have very much sorted out the men from the boys
- in my case 70-80 hrs would be a light week ( at the end of which you may have lost a fortune)
- in my case you operate for 7-8 hrs (or more) straight/day at an intensity of concentration most people couldn't even comprehend...........lucky to get time to blink let alone a lunch break.  Yes I have had a quiet 5 minutes right now  :p

After you've made a quick mill , you can then return to your community service with an elevated ability to contribute.

I do it because I've worked bloody hard to be one of the best at it and I enjoy the challenge of pitting my wits against the rest of the worldwide investment/trading community.   And if I do well enough to afford a nice car then good for me and STFU  :D

Rant over  :p

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Ok, I'm sick of seeing Dodger's name up in lights. :D

I'm changing the name of this thread to be for anyone who wants advice on sports and prestige cars in general, if someone wants advice on a specific marque/model they can make their own thread for it, but for now this one will be the tyre-kickers thread. :cool:

Goodbye/riddance to Dodger's Stupendous Car Hunt! :p

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

I also trade the financial markets for a living............
After you've made a quick mill , you can then return to your community service with an elevated ability to contribute.

You're probably on - http://www.aussiestockforums.com/

I used to be there till I queried them about seemingly supporting a "financial adviser" who only had his mobile number on his web site as a contact point, they didn't like me picking up on that.

Offline eddievanhalen

• Drives: 2010 jaguar xkr
I spent a number of years contributing to forums like that but no longer............finding a decent post is like trying to find a needle in a haystack these days.  There's far too many people with hidden agendas and just far too much crap period.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Ok, I'm sick of seeing Dodger's name up in lights. :D
I'm changing the name of this thread to be for anyone who wants advice on sports and prestige cars in general, if someone wants advice on a specific marque/model they can make their own thread for it, but for now this one will be the tyre-kickers thread. :cool:
Goodbye/riddance to Dodger's Stupendous Car Hunt! :p

I was just starting to enjoy that too. well no not really so thanks :D

Just took an R8 out for a spin, only done 4000k , very nice car but you're annoyingly insulated from engine noise meaning changing down is almost silent.
Fast, good looking, beautiful car overall but I got more of a buzz from a C63 and certainly enjoyed gear changes on the 4200 much more, especally with FF's exhaust treatment.

Thought I better have another look at the M3 while I was out, went to Doncaster BMW, yes feed it back, sat in about 6 cars, was there for 10 or 15 minutes and no one bothered to wander out to ask if they could take some money off me. :thumbsdown:

Offline jeff kantor

• Drives: shtbox 4 now
Hell Yeah Eddie !! :thumbsup: Anyone who has worked that hard deserves all the rewards they get. Having owned my own businesses in the past i also  know what it is like to work an 80hr week and lose money! :gnasher: But if you enjoy your cars and can afford it i say stufem too.

Offline a.taylor

Hang on a mo…….

I don’t consider myself as a poser, instead of getting pleasure driving a sports car to be seen in, I get pleasure from the driving experience. Couldn’t give two shits what people think or if I am seen or not.

I love driving my Esprit as much as my RatRod – and believe me the old Rat scares people :p , but it is so much fun to go out in for a spin.

People love to have a look at my cars and talk about them, from the HotRods, Yank Tanks and the Lotus, even the Mondial would make people stop :p . And I love talking to people about them but I don’t consider that as being a poser.   

100%

Amen to that.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

I don't think we're saying anyones a poser (bad choice of word I guess) just that they enjoy other people admiring their car.

Offline TomE

I don't think we're saying anyones a poser (bad choise of word I guess) just that they enjoy other people admiring their car.

Specially Kids who wave.  :)