Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

CEVA seem to struggle with the really wide stuff, like 599, Astons, Lambos, and 458 in my experience.

They're generally fine with smaller cars, that are easy to handle, but lack that last 10% attention to detail.

They are good value though, as long as there is no damage!

Offline Simonoz

• Drives: Old 911's and V8's
If I can ask the wiser heads on AE how to handle this?
Im in WA.
I've got a 997.2 GT2 in Sydney ready for shipping to Melbourne mid next week.
Theres no real urgency as I'm not coming over from WA to pick the car up for a couple of weeks at least, maybe longer.
The dealer has recommended Alan's Unique Car Transport for the moving.
I've called him and left a message.
When the car arrives in Melbourne I will need to store it somewhere safe.
Dont really want to leave the GT2 at a mates place so somewhere secure and discreet would be ideal.
So, is Alan's still the right way to go?
Anyone know a good storage option?
Thanks guys

Offline jamesatfish

If I can ask the wiser heads on AE how to handle this?
Im in WA.
I've got a 997.2 GT2 in Sydney ready for shipping to Melbourne mid next week.
Theres no real urgency as I'm not coming over from WA to pick the car up for a couple of weeks at least, maybe longer.
The dealer has recommended Alan's Unique Car Transport for the moving.
I've called him and left a message.
When the car arrives in Melbourne I will need to store it somewhere safe.
Dont really want to leave the GT2 at a mates place so somewhere secure and discreet would be ideal.
So, is Alan's still the right way to go?
Anyone know a good storage option?
Thanks guys

I'd certainly back the recommendation for Alan's - I've moved a couple of Lambos with them to/from the dealerships and would definitely use them again.

On both occasions they were pretty accurate with their delivery timeframes, so why not keep the car securely at the dealer until you're ready to collect it in Melbourne then arrange the shipment with Alan's so that it arrives in Melbourne when you're there to collect it?

Offline Simonoz

• Drives: Old 911's and V8's
Good question?
The car is off to be covered in 3m stoneguard on Monday.
Finished Wednesday
Ship to Melbourne Thursday hopefully.
Fly to Melbourne Friday or Saturday for holiday with wifey if I can convince her to leave the farm in the hands of others. That's not easy because her organic garden is in full flight, the guinea fowl chicks are ready to be released etc etc etc. but I'm winning and the stamp duty is less in Victoria than NSW to the tune of $2500. I've got a Vic licence so I can transfer it there.
Or she'll say no for a few weeks and I need somewhere to store it....

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

The best in the business just got better.

Alan's unique cars transport....

Brand new truck, 2200mm between rams. Super low door edge, plenty of height inside..

Perfection.....

Offline colmarwatson

We have acquired a brand new, dedicated, enclosed car trailer for personalised pickup's and deliveries of customers vehilces from locations around Australia. As we "speak" our very first and a very special Lamborghini Gallardo Twin Turbo project is getting delivered to our customer in Western Australia

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

We have acquired a brand new, dedicated, enclosed car trailer for personalised pickup's and deliveries of customers vehilces from locations around Australia. As we "speak" our very first and a very special Lamborghini Gallardo Twin Turbo project is getting delivered to our customer in Western Australia

Pls post full contact details or link to website

Offline sartofatto

Need some help to ship a car from El Paso Texas to Adelaide,Any recommendations? and also a ball park figure on cost.Thanks

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A burgandy car.
Need some help to ship a car from El Paso Texas to Adelaide,Any recommendations? and also a ball park figure on cost.Thanks

Try www.classicandamericanimports.com.au LA to Adel $3200 Aus, they can probably help with the Tx to LA.
www.justamericanimports.com.au 20 years importing. $3200 LA to Adel can arrange Tx to LA for you.

Tx to LA
http://texas.auto-transport-shipping.com/elpaso_autotransport.html
http://www.uship.com/vehicles/texas/el-paso/
http://elpasoautotransport.com/

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

You will be looking at around $600 to $1000 for shipping from TX to LA.

You will have to setup your LA to Adel shipping first so you know where the car needs to be sent. Probably better to get the one company to arrange the whole thing for you.

Also, the $3200 quoted is for shipping only, does not include Customs fees, quarantine, taxes and other fees.  How much is the car worth??? The Tax you pay will depend on that........