Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

I am just recreating my first ever car - 1977 Datsun 260C sedan, gloss black, B45 Simmons, small block V8, tinted, grey leather.
I even had the original plates that I had, re-issued by Vic roads :D

Love it - a great idea. :D  :thumbsup:

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

contact a uni in sydney and put an ad on thier notice board, some student will do it for shits and giggles.

Offline fivesix

contact a uni in sydney and put an ad on thier notice board, some student will do it for shits and giggles.

I would if I wasn't busy! Love a road trip.

Offline Paulstar

I don't see that driving it, fuel + insurance cover note + food + a flight back being much less than the $5-600 mark (no idea how thirsty that car is)

It could possible be done for assuming 12l/100 and 1200kms its approx $227 on fuel, say four stops 2 x snacks and 2 x meals to keep the driver going another $100 and $100 to get a flight back $427 and the real possibility that a tow truck would have to be called in $unlimited.

Still it is an adventure, I'll have an idea tomorrow if I'm free next week and I'd be up for a drive  :) Other than the post up on Sydney gumtree under ride share that you need someone to drive from Syd to Melb and they need to pay for fuel. One or two backpackers looking for adventure / cheap trip down would do it  :thumbsup:

Offline andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park 300kph+ club
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass
I don't see that driving it, fuel + insurance cover note + food + a flight back being much less than the $5-600 mark (no idea how thirsty that car is)

It could possible be done for assuming 12l/100 and 1200kms its approx $227 on fuel, say four stops 2 x snacks and 2 x meals to keep the driver going another $100 and $100 to get a flight back $427 and the real possibility that a tow truck would have to be called in $unlimited.

Still it is an adventure, I'll have an idea tomorrow if I'm free next week and I'd be up for a drive  :) Other than the post up on Sydney gumtree under ride share that you need someone to drive from Syd to Melb and they need to pay for fuel. One or two backpackers looking for adventure / cheap trip down would do it  :thumbsup:
Hell no, as I said earlier, it's a $1,250, 36 years old car. There's no way in the world it would survive the trip!

Thanks to Scott, I have the truck organised for $450, so it's all good.
You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A burgandy car.
Its an old Datsun, theres an extremely good chance it would make it. If It was an old Toyota, I'd put money on it making it. :)

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason

If you need any parts for it ....Les that runs the Barrow Creek pub in NT where Falconio went missing has about 4-6 of them out the back in very good condition. He bought them for his kids and they refused to drive them. :)
80% sure they were 260s but they may have been old Toyota Crowns but im leaning towards 260's.

They were still there last time Google Earth looked.

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason

Offline cursed

guy purchased my TT supra and had it sent to him in Perth, he used CEVA, I'm unsure on the cost, but they did a very professional job, handled the car with good care (was lowered so major headache to get onto the truck) and it got to perth within 8 working days!