Offline NBTBRV8

Ash fucked this boards software so badly by making "custom" crap that it's next to impossible to use it properly and it would have massive vulnerabilities that can be explored, as you can see.

Why don't we all tip in and upgrade the software to give the website a refresh?  Ask all carbon members to tip in and if they don't knock them back out of carbon as obviously they no longer value the website.

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

It is a case that the history on here would be lost if it was upgraded. Ash changed so much it is no longer compatible with the current version.

I created the club-carbon.com forum when we were worried AE was going to fall over but it has kept afloat. The club-carbon.com forum is still there should it be required but other than a couple of people who drop by to see if anything is being posted it does nothing. I upgraded my hosting capacity but after the initial rush it soon died away.

I have managed to fix the new member registration system on AE and been using the word censor to minimize any gains by spammers.  You will see the word Spam and other familiar phrases appearing in their posts which I use to replace the common phrases and words they use. The system here is not very good so I can't automatically fix it all but I will continue to try and fix that.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
He's doing work for me right now. As usual, perfect standard.

I never had an issue with the standard of Phil's work or his seemingly unique ability to turn around a job quickly; but that isn't the issue here. The somewhat unique personality is :D

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

It is a case that the history on here would be lost if it was upgraded. Ash changed so much it is no longer compatible with the current version.

I created the club-carbon.com forum when we were worried AE was going to fall over but it has kept afloat. The club-carbon.com forum is still there should it be required but other than a couple of people who drop by to see if anything is being posted it does nothing. I upgraded my hosting capacity but after the initial rush it soon died away.

I have managed to fix the new member registration system on AE and been using the word censor to minimize any gains by spammers.  You will see the word Spam and other familiar phrases appearing in their posts which I use to replace the common phrases and words they use. The system here is not very good so I can't automatically fix it all but I will continue to try and fix that.

are u a mod as well?

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter

I never had an issue with the standard of Phil's work or his seemingly unique ability to turn around a job quickly

I have....need the link?
I love my car. Buy your own

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

are u a mod as well?
I am now. My speciality is fixing fuckups and spam, I'll leave the shit fights to the other boys.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

I'm a mod mondi-man, give me control.  :gnasher:

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Ok -

1/  the content on here surely can be downloaded and migrated to another platform, new but free of bugs.

2/ The owners of this site will do it themselves rather than see the whole thing collapse and go elsewhere.

3/ It's fine for PA and others to try to fix things but it's the owners responsibility and if they aren't interested then migrate the lot to Club Carbon.

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

3/ It's fine for PA and others to try to fix things but it's the owners responsibility and if they aren't interested then migrate the lot to Club Carbon.
I expect the owners in Canada to own the content. I certainly would not entertain the thought of copying the data to republish.

Doubt there is enough profit from the site to pay the costs to extract the data. I think one way forward for them would be to start fresh and make this a read only file and hope enough users stay.