Offline M308

• Degranged

• Name: Scott Thomson
Another well spent $200,000 by the government :thumbsdown:

Offline super squalo

• Drives: anything you put petrol in
you forgot to mention how many lives they are saving banning them?

the so called dickheads we elect would rather piss money away then spend it on genuine issues

Beltronics are very good, they have a stealth mode totally undetectable so i heard :thumbsup:
try it you may like !!!

Back from the Dead

Offline psw

• Keep smiling

This topic is better off in a private thread......But aren't jammers related to laser, not radar?  I thought there were laser jammers and radar dectectors and they do different things.
Ash I thought this was a private section, from the earlier link?
Keep Smiling

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Ash I thought this was a private section, from the earlier link?

That's still there - we can leave this here for the benefit of anyone else who wants to discuss them *in general*, or we can just get rid of the whole topic.

Offline cy101432

• Drives: Elise S1
I'm interested in seeing the legislation which makes it illegal to have/use a radar detector (specifically in NSW)

Years ago, a UK resident represented his case at court.
To make it very short, I believe he represented facts that the relevant UK telecommunications authority stated that it was unlawful to "decode, modify, read, jam, divert, or otherwise render inoperative" any form of telecommunication wavelength/frequency.
Since a radar DETECTOR does none of the above, simply alerts the user to the presence of such frequncies/wavelengths, it was deemed that they are not in breach of the act/legislation, which provided for the reasons for them being illegal.
He won his case, and they were legalised.

Not sure if anything has changed, this was some time ago.

Wonder if such representations could be pulled off here?

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

The latest Racing Room newsletter indicates maybe they're legal?

"The Bel XRC concealed laser safety system is now legal for use on all Australian and New Zealand roads. Finally it is understood that such a device has a use beyond picking out the coppers hiding in the trees and its merits as a safety device realized."

Not sure yet whether it's just this specific model or there's been some kind of law change - anyone know?

http://www.theracingroom.com.au/pages/a_traction.asp?cid=126490262&aid=-422022894

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

BTW I think the Bel XRC is known as the Bel STi-R Plus here, I'm still a bit foncused.

http://www.dontgetcaught.com.au/catalog/item/5421084/5371731.htm *

The Bel STi-R PLUS is the most sought after radar detector in Australia, it is a 100% undetectable radar detector with a GPS receiver that comes pre-loaded with an Australian fixed camera database (fixed speed and red light).  Building on its industry breakthrough Total Shield Technology that was so successful with its Bel STi range, the Bel STi-R PLUS has taken radar detection to an all new level with new features that increase both the range and dependability of this top-end detector.  The Bel STi Remote PLUS now offers a GPS receiver that alerts you to all fixed camera locations in Australia via it's fixed camera database and the GPS receiver also allows you to permanently lockout false alert locations with its new TrueLock Signal Rejection technology.

Main features:

* 100% undetectable by all police radar detector detectors.
    * Full, hidden installation.
    * Band specific scanning - for example, you just need to detect Ka 34.3ghz in WA - no other Ka-band scanning required which means longer detection range.
    * Tech mode allows you to identify what frequency is being used in your state allowing you to set band specific scanning to increase your detection range.
    * GPS fixed camera locator with pre-loaded Australian database.
    * GPS false alert rejection technology gets rid of false alerts permanently.

Radar Detector/GPS BREAKTHROUGH:  A radar detector that now detects fixed cameras
Fixed camera locations are everywhere but they use different technology other than radar to detector your speed or determine if you have run a red light.  The Bel STi Remote PLUS now comes pre-loaded with a fixed camera database and it will now alert you when you are approaching a fixed camera anywhere in Australia.  This is done via GPS technology.  You can also program your own special alert locations such as school zones or hospital areas to remind you to drive with caution.

TrueLock™ Signal Rejection permanently eliminates false alerts by location and frequency. 
The Bel STi-R PLUS puts an end to false alarms. Its new GPS-powered TrueLock™ feature allows you to simply press the mute button a couple of times and never hear a radar-based automatic door opener or motion sensor again. Our patented design captures the location coordinates and the exact frequency of the signal and stores them in memory. Once stored, TrueLock™ will reject these signals, but is intelligent enough to warn you of a new or different signal in that same location. That's right, no more false alarms!

Day 1:Lock out false alert    
Day 2: False alert signal is rejected    
Day 3:New signal detected

NEW! Exclusive TotalShield™ Technology
Our new TotalShield technology makes the STi-R PLUS completely invisible against any type of radar detector detector. Not only will it keep you unseen by all current radar detector detectors, (RDDs), it’s designed to be completely undetectablyeany  an future threats as well.

NEW!  Ka-Band Selective Programming
Superwide Ka-band can now be turned off, allowing each segment within the Ka-band to be turned on & off individually.  This allows far greater performance and range against the Ka-based threats as scanning time is not being wasted on searching other frequencies.  If you do not know what frequency is used in your state, a convenient tech. mode is able to display what frequency the police are using on this band in your state.  After you know this you can turn off the other frequencies for longer detection range.  In Western Australia the Ka frequency used is 34.3 ghz, this is the Ka4 segment.

Comes Fully Equipped
The STi-R PLUS comes complete with a comprehensive owner’s manual and installation manual, separate display and controller for multiple installation options, front radar/laser receiver, GPS receiver, 12-volt interface module, 12-volt amplified speaker, a bicolor LED and all necessary hardware.

Perth, WA  buyers:  Installation is available at our office or in some cases we may offer a mobile installation service.

* Disclaimer: previously enquired about AE sponsorship. :)

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

I want one that can pick up the ones in police cars, hiding behind trees and travelling toward you etc.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

I doubt that radar detectors have suddenly become legal in Australia. This would require all states (other than WA where they are legal afaik) to pass their own legislation to allow their use. I ask you, how likely is that?

Perhaps they are confusing RD's with GPS-based devices that warn when approaching red light and other fixed cameras. These are legal - hardly surprisingly since all such cameras have warning signs in front of them anyway.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

I doubt that radar detectors have suddenly become legal in Australia. This would require all states (other than WA where they are legal afaik) to pass their own legislation to allow their use. I ask you, how likely is that?

I shot them an email to elaborate on this.

Also in the mean time here's a page with all the states laws (at that time) outlined: http://radars.com.au/radar-detector-laws.php