Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
I had a friend that used to drive me home from work years ago when I lost my license, she bought a gps from the internet. One day it just started beeping and flashing, next thing we notice the flashing lights behind us.... copper asked us about it, I had an idea what happend but I played dumb, copper reset the gps temporarily disabling the radar detector detector part of the unit and gave the driver a warning....

this was back in 07
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

I had a friend that used to drive me home from work years ago when I lost my license, she bought a gps from the internet. One day it just started beeping and flashing, next thing we notice the flashing lights behind us.... copper asked us about it, I had an idea what happend but I played dumb, copper reset the gps temporarily disabling the radar detector detector part of the unit and gave the driver a warning....

this was back in 07

Brand and model number please........

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
The point basically is not that it's a glorified GPS speed-camera database, but that it's a workaround for those who wish to detect radar/laser for whatever reason - which basically opens up the market to Oz-wide rather than just WA.

BEL XR-C PLUS GPS Warning System

Top of the range, concealed GPS speed camera safety system.
Legal to sell and use across Australia.

Radar, Laser and SWS mode - In states and jurisdictions where it is legal to use radar and laser detectors, merely download the easy to use software tools from our website to enable full undetectable radar and laser capabilities including safety warning system messaging. Provides total protection with advanced warning of all radar, laser, fixed and red light speed cameras. If you cross state lines just push and hold the reset button to de-activate radar feature and reset to GPS only mode.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides

Brand and model number please........
????? wasn't mine, I never bought it, but it was from ebay

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

????? wasn't mine, I never bought it, but it was from ebay

OK - I will let you off this time.

My Rear vision mirror version is still the best one I have ever played with, and I have never been questioned about it once.  :D

Offline dkabab

OK - I will let you off this time.

My Rear vision mirror version is still the best one I have ever played with, and I have never been questioned about it once.  :D

NFS2 special edition

Offline AdminAG

• All the news that fits to pixels

• Drives: Traffic
End of road for radar detectors

Radar detectors will finally be banned in WA after 20 years of debate under new legislation being drafted by the State Government which has the support of the Opposition.

By RONAN O'CONNELL

Source: http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/breaking/8047121/end-of-road-for-radar-detectors/

A spokesman for Acting Police Minister Christian Porter said the parliamentary counsel was drafting legislation to ban the devices, which detect speed cameras from several hundred metres away and give a speeding driver time to slow down to avoid being caught.

The debate about radar detectors has raged since the late 1980s and WA is still the only State yet to ban the devices, which sell from $200.

It is understood the proposed legislation will include hefty fines for the sale, use and possession of the devices. The Government is believed to be keen to push through the legislation because of its recent $30 million investment in a new fleet of speed cameras for WA Police.

A police spokesman said they would welcome the proposed legislation, which they believed would save lives on WA roads.

"Radar detectors are used by drivers who are more likely to be travelling above posted speed limits," the spokesman said. "Excessive speed is too often a contributing factor in serious and fatal crashes on WA roads."

Shadow police minister Margaret Quirk said she would strongly support the ban on radar detectors because the devices encouraged drivers to disobey speed limits. "These sorts of traffic laws should be uniform across Australia and are overdue in WA," she said.

RAC spokesman Matt Brown said the proposed ban should be introduced into Parliament and passed into law as soon as possible.
WA Police Union president Russell Armstrong said he was bewildered that radar detectors had not been banned 20 years ago.

Hello :)

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides

good, I was always envious how WA could use them but on the east we couldn't. Still would have been betetter if they legalised them all over the country.

They don't even need the 3 second rule to detect your speed anymore, so radar detectors are useless anyway if you think about it.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

They don't even need the 3 second rule to detect your speed anymore, so radar detectors are useless anyway if you think about it.

Er, what do you mean by that?????  :confused: