Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Tom Tom will give you warnings on fixed cameras, it wont always get you where you want to go but the warnings are accurate as far as I've seen.

Offline Iggy_Type_R

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Trapster is still the best! :)

Do you reckon?  I tried it for a while but there weren't enough users to make it useful.  Do you use a bracket for your iphone so you can get visual alerts too?

Offline Iggy_Type_R

Do you reckon?  I tried it for a while but there weren't enough users to make it useful.  Do you use a bracket for your iphone so you can get visual alerts too?

Yep and I find it's very useful in sydney and Melbourne! I have it on the dash (via mount) plugged into the charger at the same time cause it drains the battery like there sno tomorrow!

Especially in the mornings you get those blue lines marking "safe" routes that people have taken beforehand - very useful.

Add to that my other toy, it's descent protection.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Some interesting news on the legality front in a shit-yeah-that-makes-sense kinda way, seeing if the info can be posted publicly...

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
Some interesting news on the legality front in a shit-yeah-that-makes-sense kinda way, seeing if the info can be posted publicly...

if not start pm'ing lol
Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

If it can't be confidently posted, you can bet it is more wishful thinking than legal. PM me if you like and I'll tell you what I think.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Here's the basics on how it's legal: the unit is sold as a GPS with speed camera info loaded which is legal to use, it just so happens it also has an optional software update which enables radar detecton functionality, if at any time you feel you no longer require this functionality - say sitting at the roadside for some reason - you can simply reset the device back to original specs. ;)

Will post more wheni figger out uploads etc from this Android iPad ripoff.

Offline jim501

• Idiot Seeking Village

So not legal but as the saying goes, it's not what your doing illegally, it's what you can hide.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Here's the basics on how it's legal: the unit is sold as a GPS with speed camera info loaded which is legal to use, it just so happens it also has an optional software update which enables radar detecton functionality, if at any time you feel you no longer require this functionality - say sitting at the roadside for some reason - you can simply reset the device back to original specs. ;)

Will post more wheni figger out uploads etc from this Android iPad ripoff.

No different to having a RD that doesn't work properly.  It's still illegal. 

BTW, the Adelaide databases fitted  to (legal) GPS equipment from the retailers in the west are out of date as they are shipped.  The on-line updates don't work either.  This makes them useless as warning devices to protect against cameras.  The UK system of automatic live updates by subscription is much better.