Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Bloody hell those fines/demerit points have gone up!!!

What is it in Vic??? I thought it was just a fine(about $300) and they take the unit, no demerit point????

I have been told that NSW are trialing a new radar detector detector and can pick up even the stealth units, but those examples above are still just dumb f#ck who don't know how to hide them, they were not detected as such.........   

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Maybe they were going SO fast, they could only slow down to 139kph by the time they were done.

Once I was doing 160 on the way to Sydney in a Fiat 128 (yes a Fiat) went over the tapes just saw them in time they got me at 140
Had to go to court in friggin Seymour

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

What is it in Vic??? I thought it was just a fine(about $300) and they take the unit, no demerit point????

I have been told that NSW are trialing a new radar detector detector and can pick up even the stealth units, but those examples above are still just dumb f#ck who don't know how to hide them, they were not detected as such.........

There's money involved , big money,  they will keep ramping up the fines and detection crap

Offline shack

• 300kph+ club
  • I am not here .....

There's money involved , big money,  they will keep ramping up the fines and detection crap

and let the rapists, terrorists and murderers go free

Online looney

• Drives: VW Beetle

you will find decent stealth installs break the detector into 2 separate pieces and have a dead man switch.

additionally one of these Jammers is invaluable. I've got a spare if anyone is looking for one on the cheap

http://www.alg9.com/

and these are considered legal because they're actually "Parking Sensors"

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
you will find decent stealth installs break the detector into 2 separate pieces and have a dead man switch.

additionally one of these Jammers is invaluable. I've got a spare if anyone is looking for one on the cheap

http://www.alg9.com/

and these are considered legal because they're actually "Parking Sensors"

If you have a radar jammer you are waving an electronic "look at me, look at me" flag.

Offline HWHL

The Laser doesn't get a return signal 100% of the time it doesn't take much for a miss aim at over a klm with an on coming vehicle. ( why you see a lot of them resting it on the door mirror) You generally have around 4-5 seconds to turn the jammer off so a return signal is sent and slow down, for their next attempt.
That was the way it has been explained to me, but how true it is I dont know.

Offline NBTBRV8

They don't use laser all that much.

This is all that is used now for hand held detection.

I would say that the guys that got caught still left either the detector or mountain bracket in full view when pulled up giving the officer reason to do a search.

If you are alert, windscreen mounts are fine to use.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

If you are alert, windscreen mounts are fine to use.

I know "someone" who had a rearview mirror that was a detector and a windscreen mounted GPS unit that was a detector as well.

Got pulled over plenty of times and not once got looked at twice.........

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

And you don't need a jammer to confuse laser either, most vehicles have day light running LEDs on them.......just replace a few with ultraviolet LEDs.     :p