Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Now if you promise not to laugh too hard I will show you what I am chasing to add to my Yank collection.

Not too bad - I know zip about the market on those cars, but have driven heaps on video games :tilt:

Oz didn't make very many good looking mussel cars - I think the only two really attractive ones that stick in my mind are the HQ Monaro (also known as Camaro??) and XBGT Falcon Coupe.

I know a lot of bogans just luuuuuurve the GTHO, I think it's imposing and impressive, but don't classify it anywhere near good looking.

The other thing - the rear spoiler looks absolutely ridiculous on that car - however on the back of my X1/9 it looks fabulous! :D

Sorry for all the pics - I'm just wallowing in reverie, hard to believe this was already 5 years ago... *sigh*

Offline dkabab

mondi, you would love to see the house across from me. he has about 25 cars in front/back yards and shed. ALL of them are 50's and 60's USA muscle.
hes had them since the 60's. they are all sitting there under tarps rotting away...  :waah:
im trying to befriend him so i can at least catalogue what he has there....

and the 2nd pic is my next door neighbours car. 1959 dodge custom royal.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: TBA
  • Name: Peter
Not too bad - I know zip about the market on those cars, but have driven heaps on video games :tilt:

Oz didn't make very many good looking mussel cars - I think the only two really attractive ones that stick in my mind are the HQ Monaro (also known as Camaro??) and XBGT Falcon Coupe.

I know a lot of bogans just luuuuuurve the GTHO, I think it's imposing and impressive, but don't classify it anywhere near good looking.

The other thing - the rear spoiler looks absolutely ridiculous on that car - however on the back of my X1/9 it looks fabulous! :D

Sorry for all the pics - I'm just wallowing in reverie, hard to believe this was already 5 years ago... *sigh*

is that one you still have? if not, why'd you sell? what ARE you doing with your cars now anyway?

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

mondi, you would love to see the house across from me. he has about 25 cars in front/back yards and shed. ALL of them are 50's and 60's USA muscle.
hes had them since the 60's. they are all sitting there under tarps rotting away...  :waah:
im trying to befriend him so i can at least catalogue what he has there....

Dude, you gotta get in there and find out what he has!!!!!!

I hate it when this sort of thing happens, these cars should be seeing the light of day and at least the road once in a while.
No good sitting under tarps Rotting.......... :censored:

You now have a mission!!!!!     ;)

Offline dkabab

Dude, you gotta get in there and find out what he has!!!!!!

I hate it when this sort of thing happens, these cars should be seeing the light of day and at least the road once in a while.
No good sitting under tarps Rotting.......... :censored:

You now have a mission!!!!!     ;)

Believe me mate I am trying. Apparently he bought up everything that was for sale back in the 60’s and has kept them since. A guy I work with used to import/restore us muscle and when I mentioned my neighbour to him, he knew about him and over the years had tried to buy cars off the guy but he won’t sell anything apparently.

There’s easily more than a million worth of cars there, in a dump of a house.

My next door neighbour (with the dodge) knows him and so im trying to get him to introduce me…. He has 2 sitting in the front yard but I cant quite tell what they are. Cadillac’s or something…
If I eventually get to look at them closer, I will get vin numbers and photos of everything…

Offline Aircon

Believe me mate I am trying. Apparently he bought up everything that was for sale back in the 60’s and has kept them since. A guy I work with used to import/restore us muscle and when I mentioned my neighbour to him, he knew about him and over the years had tried to buy cars off the guy but he won’t sell anything apparently.

There’s easily more than a million worth of cars there, in a dump of a house.

My next door neighbour (with the dodge) knows him and so im trying to get him to introduce me…. He has 2 sitting in the front yard but I cant quite tell what they are. Cadillac’s or something…
If I eventually get to look at them closer, I will get vin numbers and photos of everything…

i don't know what's wrong with you guys. if someone has something you want and won't sell it to you, you steal it!

*sigh*

what's the address? I'll have everything over to Mondi's by Monday morning :)

Offline dkabab

i don't know what's wrong with you guys. if someone has something you want and won't sell it to you, you steal it!

*sigh*

what's the address? I'll have everything over to Mondi's by Monday morning :)

Full military style operation. Special forces, Chinooks lifting the cars out….

Hard part about all this is the old guy is one of those crazy old men with a shotgun….

Offline Aircon

Hard part about all this is the old guy is one of those crazy old men with a shotgun….

no worries. dodging bullets is a speciality of mine.

Offline dkabab

[/quote

no worries. dodging bullets is a speciality of mine.

i'll take it quoting isnt?

Offline Aircon

i'll take it quoting isnt?

eye (TM scud) have no idea what you're talking about.

geez...ONE little mistake!