Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
is that one you still have? if not, why'd you sell? what ARE you doing with your cars now anyway?

No that's the one that a mate crashed - the engine is at Waz's, trying to flog it but nobody wants it so it'll probably end up at the bottom of the river.

I've only got one car now - the turbo X, didn't want to spend any extra $ on it over the last couple months not knowing where my job was headed so it's collecting dust for now.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Went out to have a look at another project to tackle today, maybe.

A 1964 Ginetta G4, interesting little car but it's in about a thousand pieces. Anyone know much about these??

I had to Google it so I could see what they are supposed to look like.   :boggled:

Owner inherited it and does not know a lot about it, but says it is a fairly rare thing.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter
Went out to have a look at another project to tackle today, maybe.

A 1964 Ginetta G4, interesting little car but it's in about a thousand pieces. Anyone know much about these??

I had to Google it so I could see what they are supposed to look like.   :boggled:

Owner inherited it and does not know a lot about it, but says it is a fairly rare thing.

looks very interesting.

would be better with a wing on the back though.

I love my car.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession

what's the address?

co-ordinates are in the picture..

away you go, tally ho, chop chop.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter
co-ordinates are in the picture..

away you go, tally ho, chop chop.

i don't even remember what that was about.

I love my car.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Was driving the gf's '08 Impreza around yesterday - steering feels really good and balanced, but it left me wondering if there was some kind of sport mode button.  The car is reasonably rapid - but say accelerating in 2nd there's no real difference in power delivery between 1/4 throttle and WOT until you get to around the point that the car would stop accelerating at 1/4 throttle.

Was really frustrating - you can feel the car certainly has adequate power to at least have some fun, but the accelerator just feels like a dead pedal - it seems to have 2 or 3 inches of useless travel, sad to say my crappy old carby X gave a firmer kick in the back.  :boggled:

edit: just checked the specs, 110kw (150hp) and nearly 1,400kg - for some reason I thought they had a lot more power and were a somewhat lighter - no wonder it feels lethargic. :?

Offline dkabab

Was driving the gf's '08 Impreza around yesterday - steering feels really good and balanced, but it left me wondering if there was some kind of sport mode button.  The car is reasonably rapid - but say accelerating in 2nd there's no real difference in power delivery between 1/4 throttle and WOT until you get to around the point that the car would stop accelerating at 1/4 throttle.

Was really frustrating - you can feel the car certainly has adequate power to at least have some fun, but the accelerator just feels like a dead pedal - it seems to have 2 or 3 inches of useless travel, sad to say my crappy old carby X gave a firmer kick in the back.  :boggled:

edit: just checked the specs, 110kw (150hp) and nearly 1,400kg - for some reason I thought they had a lot more power and were a somewhat lighter - no wonder it feels lethargic. :?

what sort is it? RS or something? is it the hatch version? i see they have just released a sedan version again

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

what sort is it? RS or something? is it the hatch version? i see they have just released a sedan version again

I don't know what version - only difference between the versions are the kind of wheels you get by the look of it, it's a hatch though.

Looks same as this: http://www.carpoint.com.au/used-car/SUBARU/IMPREZA/New%20South%20Wales/csn6605914.aspx

0-100kph = 9.6secs