Offline 993tits

• Pepé Le Porsche

So, some time ago I listed a thread about going on a big work trip thru SA, WA and back across the Great Central Rd to Uluru and then back to Sydney beginning in early Feb 2015. I have been working on what vehicle to take and pretty much decided to take the RR TDV8 as there doesn't seem to be any point having it if I don't use it for such trips. So having decided this, it thought it would offer me a bit of a fright!

Coming home from work one day I was going up a very long steep hill and the car stayed in a low gear and started to blow a very large cloud of black/blue smoke that had a strong oil smell! Quickly flick thru mental file of what can do that in a turbo diesel and you come up with blown turbo(s), oil in the intercooler, blown turbo(s), over pressured crankcase forcing oil past the seals or an issue with rings. Almost none of these would register on the "good" scale and absolutely not on the "cheap" scale in these cars. The car did the same thing several times again and always under the same circumstances. it got to the point where you could make it do it by generous application of the throttle pedal........still not good!

Anyway, I dropped my car off at Northern Beaches Land Rover on Xmas Eve and asked them to hang onto it until they knew what was wrong and what it was going to cost to fix it. Got a call today from Stuart in Service who told me the EGR valve and the associated temperature sendor were knackered and it would cost $2000 to replace them inclusive of labour, but then he said it would cost that but not to me as he had spoken to Land Rover who agreed in good faith to pay the costs other than my normal service fees as it was due a service anyway.

Talk about over the moon! What a great way to handle a customer that didn't even have a chance to get irate! I am so happy that I cant wipe the smile off my face! They didn't have to do that and yet took it upon themselves to sort it as my car was 7 months out of warranty and they said I should not have been so inconvenienced!

I have had two significant issues, (this being the second), with the car in three years of ownership and both have been sorted in this fashion! I own a fleet of 13 cars and I have had more issues than this with most of them across a range of Euro and Jap brands and Land Rover always rush to make sure I have a replacement car which is normally a new RR Sport and stay in contact to make sure I know what is going on.

So, ask me again, would I buy another one..........just try and stop me!

Well done Land Rover and Northern Beaches Land Rover!
Always Gunna

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

nice work, I had a shock fail on the GL500, 4 months out of warranty, I had to pay $250 and the rest was covered.

retail part and labour I think was $1000, so probably $250 for them.  :irked:

Offline 993tits

• Pepé Le Porsche

nice work, I had a shock fail on the GL500, 4 months out of warranty, I had to pay $250 and the rest was covered.

retail part and labour I think was $1000, so probably $250 for them.  :irked:

Yeah Rog, I think you wrote a bit about that. For me it wasn't the money, whilst that has an importance of it's own, it was the fact that the dealer and the car company worked it out before coming to me. I just feel that was exceptional customer service and like all things people do for you, it feels so much better if you didn't have to ask!
Always Gunna

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
Awesome work :thumbsup:
That is how you win a customer for life.