Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
Media reports suggest the car sold not much below the asking price…probably closer to 14 million….what a steal!!!
This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
still kicking yourself....?

crazy money... but i guess its the price to pay to join the club. its become a ticket to the billionaires club like the 250gto etc... the car itself is irrelevant....

It would have been nice; but I don't worry too much about "coulda, woulda, shoulda" stuff.

You are right, the punters are thinking that it is the last 250 GTO scenario. The car has become a ticket to the "big dick swingers" ball.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

Media reports suggest the car sold not much below the asking price…probably closer to 14 million….what a steal!!!

Thats where I got the $16 million figure from. The real figure might be quite different :p

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

Thats where I got the $16 million figure from. The real figure might be quite different :p
while there are only 60 odd examples, and hundreds, if not a few thousand people wanting to own one, the price will never go down.

Especially now the true combustion only powered car is coming to an end.

Offline dkabab

while there are only 60 odd examples, and hundreds, if not a few thousand people wanting to own one, the price will never go down.

Something that genuinely worries me. By the time I can afford a decent supercar, even if it's a classic by the time I buy one, will it be completely un usable when petrol becomes obsolete.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

Something that genuinely worries me. By the time I can afford a decent supercar, even if it's a classic by the time I buy one, will it be completely un usable when petrol becomes obsolete.

I don't see petrol becoming obsolete; but I can see a time when the average person won't lust after cars as we know them today.
Who knows, the old shitter you and I lust after may even be cheaper down the road as a result ?

Offline dkabab

Who knows, the old shitter you and I lust after may even be cheaper down the road as a result ?

it keeps me warm at night....

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

The rules of supply and demand at work. There are cars that today are trully priceless in that no amount of money will ever be enough to cause the current owners to sell.

Offline RMV

• A Country Member

I don't see petrol becoming obsolete; but I can see a time when the average person won't lust after cars as we know them today.

Hopefully it starts with early 911s! When sporto converted, non-matching number cars are approaching $200k, something is seriously screwed up.

Yep, petrol will always be available; it will just become more and more expensive.

Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...

Hopefully it starts with early 911s! When sporto converted, non-matching number cars are approaching $200k, something is seriously screwed up.

Are you referring to certain cars for sale at the moment for like $190k on carsales which have been making me scratch my head in bewilderment?
This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.