Offline Steve355F1

• Drives: 355F1 GTS
No you have to have lived there for 12 month continuously and had the car in your ownership for this period of time.

https://www.infrastructure.gov.au/vehicles/imports/import_options/pis.aspx

Fair enough thanks.

It is tempting...

Offline andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park 300kph+ club
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass
keen to hear about the 6.0   please don't tell me it's blue? 
Yup. Navy  :der:
You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot.

Offline andecorp

I'm interested re the 348.

Can you email me some info and rebuild pics?
Here:
http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/348-355-sponsored-bradan/235944-recent-pics-my-348-a.html

If you scroll through the thread you will find more photos of how things were added.

Also, here are the CF sills I installed a year back or so:

Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle
Yup. Navy  :der:

well if all goes well, at least you'll be turning it into a good colour :D

Offline andecorp

Answering more questions I received on the 348.

VIN: ZFFFA35D000087762

77,735km right now.

Engine bay pic below. I still have the original black airbox which will come with the car.

And a pic I just found that I like, for good measure.

Offline andecorp

Compliance plate:

Offline andecorp

well if all goes well, at least you'll be turning it into a good colour :D
I have to go up to Sydney and see Sulley's wrap. I want to wrap it arancio, but the wrap has to look like paint in every aspect, otherwise I'll be painting it.

Offline diabloinoz

• 300kph+ club

I am just finalising a deal on a red VT and also on an Australian delivered 6.0 with only 1,400km on it, which will be wrapped Arancio Atlas.
AWESOME!!!!  You do know once you've done the deal on the 6.0 ... its unlikely you'll drive the other Lambos ... :-D 

1,400km is going to need some driving loving!!  Does that mean there will be two orange 6.0s in the desert??

Offline diabloinoz

• 300kph+ club

I have to go up to Sydney and see Sulley's wrap. I want to wrap it arancio, but the wrap has to look like paint in every aspect, otherwise I'll be painting it.

You're such a perfectionist, you might as well paint it ... wraps are awesome ... but you can't get away from the creases here and there where the curves become too much to bend the vinyl. 

If I were you, I would paint it the original factory colour, then also 3M clear wrap front and back so you don't have to keep respraying it.  Mine has clear front and rear on top of the vinyl.

If I had a lazy $20k ... I'd have painted it instead.  BUT ... I do like the Aurora Orange with the gold flecking in it ... looks totally bananas .

Offline diabloinoz

• 300kph+ club

Selling 3 of the cars. I simply don't use them and when I drive them I drive them out of guilt so they don't just sit there. I just want to drive the Lambos all the time and I am replacing all these 3 cars with more Lambos, so there is absolutely no reason to keep them.

Car 1:

Lotus Esprit GT300 GT2 racer. One of 5 factory built to contest LeMans. Other 4 have been destroyed. This is the only real survivor.

In Australia, this car won the GTP championships (Brad Jones) and held the Bathurst fastest lap record (Larry Perkins).
Super famous car, very well known internationally. There is even a Spark die cast toy of her.

Owning this car will get you tons of invitations. So far I've had invitations to Top Gear, Phillip Island Historics, Silverstone Festival, Goodwood and LeMans historics.

Car is in absolutely perfect, fully restored, ready to race condition, in the LeMans livery. Tons of spares included - engine, mechanical bits, bodyparts, wheels with brand new Pirelli slicks, etc.

917kg, 550bhp in qualifying mode, 440bhp in endurance racing mode. It cost the Lotus factory over 200,000GBP in 1993 to build.

Valuations from brokers and dealers around the world have varied wildly up to and over AU$1mil. I think that is highly optimistic. She is currently insured for AU$400k. A figure around that would make me happy for a no hassle, no stress transaction.

A barn find, rolling shell only, made out of spare parts of this car, was recently sold in the UK for 50,000GBP.

Click on the photos to see the better quality.

Have you tried contacting the factory to see if they want to buy back the only surviving car?  Maybe putting it into an english classic auction would be an option (with reserve of course).