Online shack

• 300kph+ club
  • I am not here .....

Was bored last night so for sport value I called AAMI and asked for insurance on the Turbo S. I was blown away. Firstly from my mobile they new who I was and what policies I had with them - Fare enough that's their "1st party data". What really threw me was the said Ok whats the rego of the new car (strange question) - I gave it to them and they new exactly what my car was !!!. I asked how the heck did you know and he said they share data with VicRoads "2nd party data".

NOW.... Who gave VicRoads permission to share my data with AAM!? And whats stopping AAMI marketing against the whole VicRoads database and not using it only for specific enquiries??

VERY scary indeed.

Offline jamesatfish

If VicRoads is anything like the ACT and NSW rego agencies, that sort of information (compliance dates, make, model & colour, rego expiry etc) is all publicly available from the RTA website.

Offline futurism

• Drives: Regretfully sold my GT3
  • Name: David
cant anyone go to the vic roads or any other state website, type in any rego, and get back the make model and color of a car?
I think people have done that in here to check what plate is on what car

.....and jamesatfish beat me

Offline hydie

Here is the NSW version - https://www.myrta.com/wps/portal/extvp/myrta/rego/check-reg-history/!ut/p/b1/04_SjzQ0NTExMzCxMNaP0I_KSyzLTE8syczPS8wB8aPM4g08XAPCQo3MDQ2CPc0MPJ1Cw_zDHI0N3Y1N9L30o5IzUpOzg1LTM4tLisD6PICs_KJK_XD9KLzaPcwJKDAzhinAARwN9P088nNT9XOjXLODLBwVAT6PSew!/dl4/d5/L2dBISEvZ0FBIS9nQSEh/

Offline futurism

• Drives: Regretfully sold my GT3
  • Name: David
If you really want to get paranoid, you could read about how it is illegal for Australian government departments to share databases, e.g. police, social security, tax department, public service, medicare, electoral roll etc.
However once that data leaves Australia, that law doesnt apply.
And the Australian government made a deal to send these individual databases offshore for the purpose of data mining a few years ago at the request of the U.S. government.
And that the U.S. government then linked all the info and on sold it to researchers, who then sold it back to Australian companies.
When you arrive in the USA a private contractor employed by the department of homeland security can check your criminal record, who you work for, how much money you make, AIDS status and a heap of other things, ask you questions about them and if you answer incorrectly, you get deported.

Offline SiFi

• Navigator/Serial Killer

Here is the NSW version - https://www.myrta.com/wps/portal/extvp/myrta/rego/check-reg-history/!ut/p/b1/04_SjzQ0NTExMzCxMNaP0I_KSyzLTE8syczPS8wB8aPM4g08XAPCQo3MDQ2CPc0MPJ1Cw_zDHI0N3Y1N9L30o5IzUpOzg1LTM4tLisD6PICs_KJK_XD9KLzaPcwJKDAzhinAARwN9P088nNT9XOjXLODLBwVAT6PSew!/dl4/d5/L2dBISEvZ0FBIS9nQSEh/

It goes back a long way as well, still listing a car that I bought from NSW and transferred to SA reg over 20 years ago.

Offline RS

• Drives: AMG
Was bored last night so for sport value I called AAMI and asked for insurance on the Turbo S. I was blown away. Firstly from my mobile they new who I was and what policies I had with them - Fare enough that's their "1st party data". What really threw me was the said Ok whats the rego of the new car (strange question) - I gave it to them and they new exactly what my car was !!!. I asked how the heck did you know and he said they share data with VicRoads "2nd party data".

NOW.... Who gave VicRoads permission to share my data with AAM!? And whats stopping AAMI marketing against the whole VicRoads database and not using it only for specific enquiries??

VERY scary indeed.

Had a meeting the other month with the insurance company i work for and management went through the information we had access to / getting access to on people... its scary I felt violated just sitting there being told what they could potentially know about me.... ie if you have had any over due bills with other companies ect.

But in saying that i love digging into people lifes for fraudy claims
Convict by heritage, Guilty by Choice

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles
Had a meeting the other month with the insurance company i work for and management went through the information we had access to / getting access to on people... its scary I felt violated just sitting there being told what they could potentially know about me.... ie if you have had any over due bills with other companies ect.

But in saying that i love digging into people lifes for fraudy claims

we sold an ex renter in 91 and today got a summons re traffic infringement in Jan 14 in Sydney

told em we sold car in 91..... still registered in company name

when we tracked back info, it was a XF falcon, we sold it at 452,000 km

current car is.........BA falcon same rego same vin as the XF

Sent through our details and current address comes back as somewhere in ACT, clearly a re birth.....but why, it was heap of shit when i sold it...........

moral of story........govt databases are rooted
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.