Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

Anyone here offer advice?

Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle
I seem to see those Tige wakeboarding boats all over the place these days, they seem to be the 'in' thing to have if you have the coin.

my neighbour got one as a runout model presumably for a steep discount. 

http://tige.com.au/

not my cup of tea, but if you want a boat for ski'ing i would suggest buying what people want, makes resale easier :D

Offline jamesatfish

Skiing or wake boarding?

We are skiers, and have a Camero Legend. About 21", fairly flat hull so there's minimal wake, inboard 350 Mercruiser V8.  Only licenced for 6 people - we used to have a bow rider that could take 9 if you have a bigger group out on the water.

I recently bought a wakeboard just to give it a try, but the Camero is a useless wakeboard boat once you've mastered the basics and want to try some tricks. The rope attachment point is quite low, and the wake profile is flat so you can't launch yourself over the wake very easily.

If you've got a mixed group of boarders and skiers get a boat with a board tower (racks above the boat for storing the boards, with the ropes usually attached at the top of the tower to help boarders get air). Most good wakeboard boats have some way of adjusting the wake profile with a ballast piece behind the prop, so you can lower the wake when skiing and pump it up for the boarders.

Best advice long term is to use it regularly - ours hasn't been out much lately and the big expenses are where things sieze or perish due to lack of use.

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

Thanks for the advice.

What about these? As recommended by another poster here already.

http://www.malibuboats.com.au

And why is whincup on there?  :scratchchin:

Offline dkabab

And why is whincup on there?  :scratchchin:

no idea, but i remember back in the vx commodore days, holden did a SS + Malibu boat combo… matching paint etc… not sure if its still a partnership they share

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

And I've already heard the joke about the 2 best days of boat ownership.

Offline Joel

Ski boats are not as bad it's when you start owning boats that can not be trailered.

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

Ski boats are not as bad it's when you start owning boats that can not be trailered.
true

Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle

and its kinda true,

Even though I live on the water, i cant bring myself to once again sink money into a boat, cars offer so much more for so much less LOL.

bu that said, i just checked out the Malibu site, and the video of their factory looks fantastic. however i would say i see 2 Tige to every 1 malibu around here.  what that means i dont know. whether 1 is cheaper than the other, or whether 1 is "cooler" than the other, but i guess it comes down to personal preference.  they both have pretty cool configurators on their sites though.

heres the Malibu I just made

Offline Joel

and its kinda true,

Even though I live on the water, i cant bring myself to once again sink money into a boat, cars offer so much more for so much less LOL.

bu that said, i just checked out the Malibu site, and the video of their factory looks fantastic. however i would say i see 2 Tige to every 1 malibu around here.  what that means i dont know. whether 1 is cheaper than the other, or whether 1 is "cooler" than the other, but i guess it comes down to personal preference.  they both have pretty cool configurators on their sites though.

heres the Malibu I just made

We have a lot of malibu's around my area. I think it has a lot to do with the pricing of the two. When ever you speak of wake boarding Malibu is always the first boat my mates say. Having said that I'm more a sports cruiser guy so not up to date on my ski boats.