Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
Malibu looks more modern and a bit prettier, also looks roomier behind the driver. I like the more walk through rear end on the Nautique. If someone gets hurt or winded it will be easier to get them back into the boat.

Good luck choosing Scud, will be interesting to see how close or far apart the final choice is.

Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle
Did you buy anything yet?

I actually went out wakeboarding today, it was awesome, but I thought I'd ask one of the guys who is a hardcore wakeboarder what to buy in terms of a boat, and without even letting me finish my question he said Tigé.   I then asked the follow up question as to why he said that over a Malibu or nautique (because they were the ones mentioned).

He said Malibu would be the second choice, but to condense the discussion into something easy to type. But basically

Malibu was always the pinacle of ski and board boats, and that's why they have a great name.  All of their engineering and designs are tried and tested, but have basically not changed for many years.

Tigé however are of the same quality, and they have basically taken what Malibu always build and refined and improved it. So apparently the tech they use and designs are better.  He went on to talk about better wake profiles, etc etc, but he said if he had a bottomless pit of money that is what he would buy, but the Malibu is still a good product and a decision should be made based on your own needs, so if wake is not the primary factor I guess things like storage, towing fuel consumption could drive your decision.

Just throwing in something I heard from a guy who is in the scene.

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

Thanks for the post looney. I took jdubs 21.5ft malibu for a spin yesterday, and it was a nice boat, turned on a dime.

Though a little small so I've decided on 23ft.

There's a nautique down the coast pretty much exactly like the boat on the website in the video, and I think it looks slick.

I typed Tige into boat sales with $80k plus and only a handful of boats came up.

More malibu and nautique come up so I'm not sure if it's due to dealers having more stock, more bu's and nautiques owned or more bu's and nautiques being flipped more regularly.

My criteria though probably not in the right order for boat purchasing though it's my first time is size then looks then ergonomics then the ease for children to have fun the wake for skiing then the wake for boarding then fuel consumption and price is last.

Plus the nautique add looks way cool. :D

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

Plus if you have a nautique, you can live like this bloke. :D

http://youtu.be/8NnB9O1fWj4

Offline looney

That brunette with the turquoise.  Wow.

For me, if money were no object I would totally have one of these out the back of my house.  Probably no good for anything you're after, but you would look cooker than anyone else on the water

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
Great colour combo.

My middle boy is a fan of it too....

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
Its crazy when you look at the nose on 348/355s and compare them to something like the Hurrican. What were the designers thinking back then? How many front spoilers can we sell?

Agree with Scud, the Nautique marketing people have done a great job.

Offline 916senna

• 300kph+ club

• Drives: Remote controlled battery powered toy
Hey Rog,
I bought the one in this vid a few years back.
http://youtu.be/dETzGdy57xE
Four Winns SL242
No, thats not my kid !

I was looking for a bit of all round family boat, waterskiing, wakeboard, knee board etc.
It has smart tow, which allows you to set how aggressively it launches and the rpm it tows at. Makes it really consistent for whoever is on the end of the rope.
Wanted something roomy with space for a few friends to come along and enough grunt that the weight didn't matter.
Its fitted the role perfectly.
Its a boat, nothings cheap, shit breaks all the time and it drinks fuel like a footy team end of year bustup.

J

Offline looney

Hey Scud,

what did you end up buying?