Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater

Offline bbb

After I originally watched this and was digesting it all I saw the BMW finance dodgy loan article on my FB newsfeed....

http://www.smh.com.au/business/want-a-bmw-no-disposable-income-no-problem--have-a-loan-anyway-20160815-gqswtd.html

His video is a real eye opener, I'm looking forward to the proof video with specific examples!

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
I really like this guys stuff

I like him, he is not afraid to tell it like it is regardless of the consequences   :thumbsup:

If we let them get away with this crap we have nobody to blame but ourselves.

Online OzCarSightings

• Will eat your baby
  • Photographer

• Drives: GenF HSV/Golf R32/motorbike
  • www: JanGlovac.com
How much of the blame should lie with the consumers signing up for these loans though? (like in the BMW case referenced by bbb)

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

I like him, he is not afraid to tell it like it is regardless of the consequences   :thumbsup:

If we let them get away with this crap we have nobody to blame but ourselves.

They'll still get away with it, half the population are naive and the other half live off that.

Offline David B

How much of the blame should lie with the consumers signing up for these loans though? (like in the BMW case referenced by bbb)

The client "applies" for the loan.... thats there part.   BMW Finance "approved" the loan, they are the gate keepers and the law applies to them.  1% person 99% BMW Finance at fault as they didint do due dilligence.

Morally many will argue its the persons fault but if BMW are effectively putting profit ahead of compliance then they should cop it in the teeth IMHO.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: TBA
  • Name: Peter

Well that's the thing, isn't it? No one wants to take responsibility for their own actions. Everything is always someone else's fault.

If you, as a borrower, don't know what you can an can't afford, then you're a bloody fool IMO.
I love my car. Buy your own

Offline nuxi

• Drives: Porsche Cayenne
  • Name: Michael
Alphera is the worst. Just have a look at their google reviews from pissed off customers...

Offline David B

Well that's the thing, isn't it? No one wants to take responsibility for their own actions. Everything is always someone else's fault.

If you, as a borrower, don't know what you can an can't afford, then you're a bloody fool IMO.

Ah I knew somoeone would take that line, and I'd completely agree if BMW were found to be doing the checks properly as the LAW says they should.

If you break the law you cop it,  in this case BMW knew all the people who couldnt afford it, and still went ahead so they forfeit the right to blame others.

If sales guys and marketing didnt work it wouldnt be paid for.