Offline Horse

• Hung like Einstein

Alphera is the worst. Just have a look at their google reviews from pissed off customers...

Alphera is BMW Finance.
Why such a long face?

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter
Ah I knew somoeone would take that line,

Because it's logical, rational and correct.

BMW might be breaking some guidelines, I don't know, but the consumer is ultimately responsible for themselves. I'm sick of the duck shoving that goes on.

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline nuxi

• Drives: Porsche Cayenne
  • Name: Michael

Offline David B

Because it's logical, rational and correct.

BMW might be breaking some guidelines, I don't know, but the consumer is ultimately responsible for themselves. I'm sick of the duck shoving that goes on.

Corporations you know legally are "supposed" to have the same rights under law as a person, ie can own property, open accounts etc etc.

If two people dealt with each other and one broke the law and didnt do due diligence etc you would say the person who didnt break the law is at fault.

Your logic is flawed my friend.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Corporations you know legally are "supposed" to have the same rights under law as a person, ie can own property, open accounts etc etc.

If two people dealt with each other and one broke the law and didnt do due diligence etc you would say the person who didnt break the law is at fault.

I don't think it is flawed, I understand where PP is coming from.

I myself was offered some finance not so long ago which I could have taken up but did not. At the time I thought it was very irresponsible of the said company to offer such a deal. But when questioned they looked surprised that I would be even be bringing it up..........I could quite have easily gone with it known it would have put me in a dodgy situation.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter

Nope... Yours is. No one is forcing this money on anyone.... THE BUCK STOPS WITH YOU
I love my car. Buy your own

Offline David B

I don't think it is flawed, I understand where PP is coming from.

I myself was offered some finance not so long ago which I could have taken up but did not. At the time I thought it was very irresponsible of the said company to offer such a deal. But when questioned they looked surprised that I would be even be bringing it up..........I could quite have easily gone with it known it would have put me in a dodgy situation.
As I said I have no problem if its an equal playing ground....  you apply, finance company confirms you can afford it with the relevant checks..... you get into problems then your fault.

BUT THATS NOT WHATS HAPPENING IN THIS EXAMPLE.

Offline David B

Nope... Yours is. No one is forcing this money on anyone.... THE BUCK STOPS WITH YOU
your opinion... no problems here mate.... The LAW though says ..
As a credit licensee, you must decide how you will meet the responsible lending obligations.

RG 209 sets out our expectations for compliance.

Meeting your responsible lending obligations will require taking three steps:

1)   make reasonable inquiries about the consumer’s financial situation, and their requirements and objectives;
  2)  take reasonable steps to verify the consumer’s financial situation; and
3)  make a preliminary assessment (if you are providing credit assistance) or final assessment (if you are the credit provider) about whether the credit contract is ‘not unsuitable’ for the consumer (based on the inquiries and information obtained in the first two steps).

In addition, if the consumer requests it, you must be able to provide them with a written copy of the preliminary assessment or final assessment (as relevant).

THAT AINT HAPPENING in this example given.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
Well that's the thing, isn't it? No one wants to take responsibility for their own actions. Everything is always someone else's fault.

If you, as a borrower, don't know what you can an can't afford, then you're a bloody fool IMO.

You have to remember that the average Joe isn't that smart and I am being serious. The attitude would be that "I must be able to afford it or they wouldn't give me the money" . Furthermore they would think that the entire blame lies with the loan shark and they should be compensated.

Offline dkabab

I sell 2types of finance at my work, one rewards me well, the other doesn't. I have stretch targets to meet and really have to push it hard if I'm going to hit those KPI's. It's a catch 22. If we don't push it, we don't get sales. People are often financing things they can't afford. We have a 65% finance rate on sales over $1000. It's phenomenal.