Offline David B

For God's sake just leave them alone, poor bastards are just trying to make a buck...........

ah yes the poor directors taking the cash and the credit when things are going well and the gold is flowing into the coffers like piss down the throat of a young man celebrating his 21 st.

But oh no when someone gets killed or money is lost due to non - compliance or breaking the law, then its,
"well its a big company"and  "cant be held responsible for all goings on" etc etc etc.

did someone say memory loss ???

Geez its good to be a king eh.

and you guys talk about PERSONAL RESPONSABILITY;

How many CEO's or directors gone to jail so far for Prime morgage collapse ????????????
Lots of fines ... actually hundreds of millions in fines... but no personal responsabilty to be seen from some of the richer folk.....   now poor folk oh yes they need to "cop it on the chin" for taking out a loan they couldnt afford and was given by a non compliant, fraudelent company....

Ha ha ha

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
360c is right, world is going mad........

Rapidly.

I think I need to build a higher wall around our place. When I built it I thought 85 metres of 8ft high brick walls was enough :p

Offline j15

If I was funding a finance company or if I was a shareholder I would not be pissed at the borrowers, I would be pissed at the sales people for writing up a whole bunch of shitty loans. The exposure must be concerning, not to mention the bad publicity.

Obviously there are borrowers out there who need their heads read, but lenders have their own obligations and blame for these practices is not exclusive.

In relation to the bad borrowers, part of the reason why they make such shitty financial decisions is the lack of financial literacy training in school. I spent hours in school being educated on the finer points of Shakespeare but no one thought we all might be better off if they told us how to do a budget, apply for a home loan, or do some basic financial planning.

Offline tdc911

so no problem let the corporations break the law... its the consumer fault anyway right.

Jeez short memories for some; sub prime morgage catastrophy anyone;

NINJA loans are go... No income No Job Approved.

What that cost us all billions ? no trillions ? but no from following the arguments some suggest here it was all the consumers fault!!

Give me a break,   Corporations are money first law second... Directors need to go to jail under these deliberate breaches ... only then will we see compliance.

You are nonsensical, so long ago I decided to stop responding to your posts because I would just be wasting too much of my time and it would be like banging my head against a brick wall.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

ah yes the poor directors taking the cash and the credit when things are going well and the gold is flowing into the coffers like piss down the throat of a young man celebrating his 21 st.

But oh no when someone gets killed or money is lost due to non - compliance or breaking the law, then its,
"well its a big company"and  "cant be held responsible for all goings on" etc etc etc.

did someone say memory loss ???

Geez its good to be a king eh.

and you guys talk about PERSONAL RESPONSABILITY;

How many CEO's or directors gone to jail so far for Prime morgage collapse ????????????
Lots of fines ... actually hundreds of millions in fines... but no personal responsabilty to be seen from some of the richer folk.....   now poor folk oh yes they need to "cop it on the chin" for taking out a loan they couldnt afford and was given by a non compliant, fraudelent company....

Ha ha ha

I actually agree with some of what you are saying regarding white collar crime. The penalties are nowhere near high enough.
The reality is white collar crime is often very difficult and expensive to successfully prosecute. You see it time and time again.

However you lose me when you seem to make the assumption that there must be a white collar crime behind every successful persons wealth.

Offline David B

You are nonsensical, so long ago I decided to stop responding to your posts because I would just be wasting too much of my time and it would be like banging my head against a brick wall.

Ok name me one economist that blamed the global financial crisis on the america people and not the Sub Prime lenders and their lending practices and I will conceed.

Is that succinct enough for you ?

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Rapidly.

I think I need to build a higher wall around our place. When I built it I thought 85 metres of 8ft high brick walls was enough :p

Needs the Zombie test.   :p

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

If I was funding a finance company or if I was a shareholder I would not be pissed at the borrowers, I would be pissed at the sales people for writing up a whole bunch of shitty loans. The exposure must be concerning, not to mention the bad publicity.

Obviously there are borrowers out there who need their heads read, but lenders have their own obligations and blame for these practices is not exclusive.

In relation to the bad borrowers, part of the reason why they make such shitty financial decisions is the lack of financial literacy training in school. I spent hours in school being educated on the finer points of Shakespeare but no one thought we all might be better off if they told us how to do a budget, apply for a home loan, or do some basic financial planning.

It is a very long time since I was at school or Uni; but I don't recall learning anything useful about business. I learnt it all myself after graduating using tools that are available to ALL Australians. Lack of financial literacy is a result of lack of interest and personal drive. There is only one person responsible for that!

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

Offline David B

:D

I'm gunna get flame throwers on the ramparts !!

yep mythbusters showed 30 zombies or so killed a barn door so I suggest razor wire!!
their agression will be their undoing...   although after a few hundred there maybe so much "meat" on the fence it maynot be enough...  neither a high wall if enough as in the movie Z.