Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Offline IExperiment

A 65% finance rate on sales over $1000 :eek:
I find that amazing, I really do. If you have to finance a  $1000 item you clearly can't afford it.
As I said, Joe Average ain't that sharp.

It is sad this is the kind of people who cant afford a pack of condom from your shop :)

Offline David B

I actually agree with some of what you are saying regarding white collar crime. The penalties are nowhere near high enough.
The reality is white collar crime is often very difficult and expensive to successfully prosecute. You see it time and time again.

However you lose me when you seem to make the assumption that there must be a white collar crime behind every successful persons wealth.

"However you lose me when you seem to make the assumption that there must be a white collar crime behind every successful persons wealth."

didnt say that!!! thats a reflection of your own fear showing out when someone points out how the rich get off the hook so easy when they do wrong compared to those less well off .!.

Offline David B

Few of these bad boys as well............

And one of these just to ensure the zeds dont learn to drive!!!

Offline robertb

• Poll Dancer

As I said I have no problem if its an equal playing ground....  you apply, finance company confirms you can afford it with the relevant checks..... you get into problems then your fault.

BUT THATS NOT WHATS HAPPENING IN THIS EXAMPLE.
1st off what sought of paper was being written was it consumer or non consumer that BMW were lending on.

If non consumer then enquires into ability to pay may not have been needed ,many  lenders out there will sell finance on a white paper which only requires an ABN or registration for GST for a period over 2 years and lend on non financial information ie no A&L or income declaration .All above board  and within the law .

On the other hand perhaps BMW or the people writing the loans were misleading the lender with the information provide.

Which ever way people have to take responsibility for the debt they have signed on for .

Offline dkabab

It is sad this is the kind of people who cant afford a pack of condom from your shop :)

or they are smart enough to realise they cant afford kids either

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Just a shame their father's didn't steal some condoms................                 :tilt:

Offline schmik325

Alphera finance up to $100k just off a business run for 2 years and a declaration.

Have done for a long time.

Offline NBTBRV8

Alphera is the worst. Just have a look at their google reviews from pissed off customers...

I've used them 3 times now and they have been brilliant.  Each to their own no doubt.

Offline schmik325

Same, the only thing is when you ask for a payout figure, in no time you'll have an email from the closest BMW dealer trying to steer you into a new car.

Big brother is everywhere