Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Black 458 Spider  and black Lambo something or other in High St Kew just now, parked together.

Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle
Yet even though there are more cars then ever hardly any of them turn up to club track days. Tells you a lot about how the buyer profile has also changed in that time.

but that said not all enthusiasts like track days.

I had a GT3 and it was my favorite car of all the car's i've owned, I never once took it to the track. I'd much prefer to have a pretty girl in the passenger seat and take a spirited drive through the mountains.

but, I know what you're saying :D

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Chief Muppet Wrangler @ Drugs.R.Us Badlands Sector

• Drives: Slowly and carefully
Yet even though there are more cars then ever hardly any of them turn up to club track days. Tells you a lot about how the buyer profile has also changed in that time.

I was talking about that with a number of old Ferrari club members last night. In "the old days" pretty much every event involved driving the cars either on track or road. Now the club seems to do little but conduct a social club and the cars are rarely used in anger.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Electric everything
  • Name: Peter
I was talking about that with a number of old Ferrari club members last night. In "the old days" pretty much every event involved driving the cars either on track or road. Now the club seems to do little but conduct a social club and the cars are rarely used in anger.

yes...BUT Vic had the highest percentage of FCA membership renewals of any state in Aus....which means even if the events aren't quite our cup of tea, they're exactly what the majority of members want.

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club

yes...BUT Vic had the highest percentage of FCA membership renewals of any state in Aus....which means even if the events aren't quite our cup of tea, they're exactly what the majority of members want.

Guess that supports the changes in the type of people buying the cars now.

Offline Condor Man

• Is it a Bird?? Well, sort of, Yes.... 300kph+ club
  • Plastic Surgeon

• Drives: A car

Gee if you were not such a tight arse you would be coming to the GP with me, where you could do both....
May the Horse be with you....

Offline fivesix

Black 458 Speciale on James St.
[Q4] also spotted on a Bentley today in James st.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club

Gee if you were not such a tight arse you would be coming to the GP with me, where you could do both....

I have done the corporate thing many times over the years. As long as you are prepared to stare at one tiny stretch of the track for 4 days and eat and drink yourself silly for 4 days they are ok.  I much prefer to go general admission on Saturday with some mates and wander around to every part of the track and watch. Sunday I watch it on TV as it is easier to follow what is going on.

The last 2 years I have been fortunate to be invited into the F1 hospitality area and watched qualifying from inside the Ferrari garage. That is an amazing experience!

Offline Condor Man

• Is it a Bird?? Well, sort of, Yes.... 300kph+ club
  • Plastic Surgeon

• Drives: A car
I have done the corporate thing many times over the years. As long as you are prepared to stare at one tiny stretch of the track for 4 days and eat and drink yourself silly for 4 days they are ok.  I much prefer to go general admission on Saturday with some mates and wander around to every part of the track and watch. Sunday I watch it on TV as it is easier to follow what is going on.

The last 2 years I have been fortunate to be invited into the F1 hospitality area and watched qualifying from inside the Ferrari garage. That is an amazing experience!

Yes I do tend to agree.

The inside is the best place to be. I will doing this a with The Dan Ric camp so I am looking forward to that too.
May the Horse be with you....

Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club
  • DJ's like a mad ...........

• Drives: Yes