Offline Fortis

• 300kph+ club

I wonder what you'd get charged weekly or monthly if you had the opportunity of having a single or a double locked up garage in a automated, monitored, secured and insured environment with pick up at your discretion. That would be the ideal scenario IMO, I would appreciate having access to something like that.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession

Offline Fortis

• 300kph+ club

Online allanuber

• Name: Al

I've had a few coffees with the guy who founded this site - which has been a long grind for him but is now picking up momentum.

Lots of the spots are for 'high security' buildings where renters are inner city and using the rental of their carpark to subsidise luxury apartment living. I've used it a few times to have cars parked in secure places for shorter periods.

www.divvy.com.au

I can see this as disruptive for the long term exotic parking market...
C'mon, do it!

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

I've had a few coffees with the guy who founded this site - which has been a long grind for him but is now picking up momentum.

Lots of the spots are for 'high security' buildings where renters are inner city and using the rental of their carpark to subsidise luxury apartment living. I've used it a few times to have cars parked in secure places for shorter periods.

www.divvy.com.au

That looks like a good idea.  Realistically though, I would have thought most owners or tenants with surplus parking spaces in multi-unit buildings can rent them with just a note in the building's letter boxes or through the building manager. For high end cars, there are insurance considerations too if the car is parked long term in a less secure place than the address on the policy document.

Offline Fil-Ski

• Drives: 993TT

www.divvy.com.au

Al, did he get some funding through the Blue Chili guys?

Online jim501

• Idiot Seeking Village

• Name: Cam
I've been looking into this (combined with another business idea) between Bris and the GC but have wondered how much buy-in you would get. The majority of people here that own car collections also tend to have a place big enough to house all their cars. I think you need another drawcard other then storage (hence the other idea).
Fortis, next time we catch up I'll run it past you.

Online allanuber

That looks like a good idea.  Realistically though, I would have thought most owners or tenants with surplus parking spaces in multi-unit buildings can rent them with just a note in the building's letter boxes or through the building manager. For high end cars, there are insurance considerations too if the car is parked long term in a less secure place than the address on the policy document.

I think you're right that the current market is based around letterbox drops and pasting a note on the noticeboard. Building managers don't necessarily want to get involved as they tend to avoid any extra effort in the job.

The uptake as I understand it has been for 'day stay' parking - you live in one suburb and leave at 8am, and return at 6pm - your parking space is underutilised that whole time, and the timing is pretty much perfect for someone who works near where you live. This is a pretty neat way of extending the city parking grid with a cultural rather than infrastructural change.

Tied to the volume above is the segment that doesn't use their park, has a double, or needs the cash. Even if it's a smallish percentage, it'd still be plenty for a chunk of the exotic car market. Given the volume, I'd expect there to be plenty of secure places available for insurance considerations.

Note, this is just me pondering, these guys don't currently chase the exotic market.  :D
C'mon, do it!

Online allanuber

Al, did he get some funding through the Blue Chili guys?

I believe they were involved, though more likely through sweat than cash. Happy to ask if you like?
C'mon, do it!

Offline Fortis

• 300kph+ club

I've been looking into this (combined with another business idea) between Bris and the GC but have wondered how much buy-in you would get. The majority of people here that own car collections also tend to have a place big enough to house all their cars. I think you need another drawcard other then storage (hence the other idea).
Fortis, next time we catch up I'll run it past you.

Let's talk I have something coming up which might work.