Offline waterskydiver

• Callum 'n Jared, nuts about cars! Best mates.

• Drives: Nothing worth mentioning on this site!
  • Name: Callum and Jared
Hello to the amazing Aussie Exotics community,

Many of you will remember me writing a post requesting whether somebody might be interested in taking my disabled son for a ride in their exotic car just before Christmas last year. We had a incredible amount of support both from those who were able to help and those in the Aussie Exotics community who sent fantastic messages of goodwill toward my son, Callum. That support culminated in fulfilling Callum's dream of a ride in a supercar; in fact several.  We met some great people from this website that we're still in contact with today.  It was amazing.

In a bizarre twist an innocent post of your generosity went viral on FaceBook and ended up on an international website called BuzzFeed under the heading of "32 Pictures That Will Change The Way You See The World" which at the time of writing has 5,848,899 VIEWS!!! For those who are interested go to
www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/see-the-world-differently#.dyyX9AN4J (Or just google 32 Pictures That Will Change The Way You See The World).

The last thing I would want to do is to take advantage of anyone's generosity however since last year's events I have watched a shy and self conscious boy turn into a more confident and happy person who knows he has friends who are successful and who care about him. Callum's interest in cars has only increased since that time (a fact that I would never have believed possible!) so another member, Ferrari Advocates, and I want to organise another get-together of people who are interested in taking Callum for a spin in their beautiful car.  Ferrari Advocates has very generously offered to supply refreshments and professional photography for the event and I know a young bloke who is so excited he can barely contain himself!!

For those who're keen to get together for a cool event that will put a MASSIVE SMILE on a young boy's face, just join this thread and let me know.  Those who know this site might be able to help me to organise it a certain way; all assistance gladly received!
My email address is jared_burgess@yahoo.com.au

Offline ACP

• Lives in a Metro Tangerine

• Drives: McLaren

Offline Condor Man

• Is it a Bird?? Well, sort of, Yes.... 300kph+ club
  • Plastic Surgeon

• Drives: A car
Great to see.

If I was in Sydney I would be there in a flash.
May the Horse be with you....

Offline Ferrariadvocates

Hi guys, I will be providing all the refreshments and if CEL is happy to do all the photography then I am happy to cover your costs.

Lets get some cars together guys and we can make a spectacle out of it! :D

Offline cel

Always happy to take the photos  :thumbsup:

Good seeing you and Cal the other day at Cars & Coffee Jared, couldn't find you guys anymore after we parked

Offline waterskydiver

It's absolutely HUGE down there now isn't it?  :D
It'll be great to see you and Callum will be rapt to talk cars with you when we catch up.
Feel free to tell any mates who aren't on AE about the meet, Cel.
Cal would love to see Nico again, for instance. :thumbsup:

Offline Joel

Hey guys. I will try get Antoine to come. He had the lambs last time now has a Bentley.

Offline jamesatfish

Have you settled on a date as yet? If I'm free I'd be happy to bring the Gallardo up from Canberra for this.

Offline waterskydiver

Have you settled on a date as yet? If I'm free I'd be happy to bring the Gallardo up from Canberra for this.

Okay everyone, we've got a date and a venue;

Sunday 21st December at 11am.  The address is O'Sullivan Street, Rose Bay, where the golf course is.  There's plenty of parking there and at least ten cars will be able to park one after the other.  The weather is set to be BEAUTIFUL!!!

Callum is incredibly excited (so am I, actually!!) because so far we've got some amazing cars (and people!) attending.  How's this for a list so far?;
- Lambo Huracan
- Lambo Aventador Roadster
- Ferrari F430 Scuderia
- Lotus Evora S
- Audi R8 V10

There's PLENTY of room and we'd still LOVE to meet anyone else who wants to come along.  Feel free to talk to any friends you might have who aren't AE members but who own nice rides if you think they might be interested.

Callum and I cannot WAIT to see you all.  Cal said to me last night,"Dad, how am I going to sleep this week?"

:D :D :thumbsup:

Offline Ferrariadvocates

Hey guys,

You're all welcome to attend this Sunday and if everyone can post and let us know who's coming so that we have the right amount of snacks and drinks for everyone, the more the merrier and I guess it'll be a great time for Callum, Jared and all of us that attend.

Cel will be present and he will be taking photos (this has been much appreciated).

Just come bearing yourselves and your cars (any car, we aren't fussed), even if you'd like to pop past just for fun then you are very welcome!