Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

The council cant withdraw it and have the police re- issue it unless it was originally recorded by an authorised member of the Police Force.

Actually he was lucky it wasn't a member of the Police as that would then carry the 2 demerit points. 

There are to avenues here:
Appeal to the SDRO
or take it to court.

You can do only one not both.....

So choose wisely my son.........

On the photo issue, if it was a local council car park or looked after by the local council they will take a photo at the time of the infringement. This is a State managed road, I think the fine is issue on behalf of the State from what I have been told......

Offline KV

• Nee SydneyExotics

• Drives: Bugatti Veyron (model scaled 1:100)

And even the photo - if it doesn't have his brother in it getting out of the car, how can it be proven that he was parked/stopped for the purpose of dropping someone off? The car could have been in motion when the photo was taken or simply stopped in traffic.
wow...i never thought of that one...that is quite interesting...maybe i could do that  :scratchchin:

Offline KV

• Nee SydneyExotics

• Drives: Bugatti Veyron (model scaled 1:100)
Actually he was lucky it wasn't a member of the Police as that would then carry the 2 demerit points. 

There are to avenues here:
Appeal to the SDRO
or take it to court.

You can do only one not both.....

So choose wisely my son.........

On the photo issue, if it was a local council car park or looked after by the local council they will take a photo at the time of the infringement. This is a State managed road, I think the fine is issue on behalf of the State from what I have been told......
Yes, i spoke with one of my friends he said i was lucky since it wasn't the police!

Well i'm not that experienced with parking tickets you help me choose...father..... :thumbsup:

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
Yes, i spoke with one of my friends he said i was lucky since it wasn't the police!

Well i'm not that experienced with parking tickets you help me choose...father..... :thumbsup:

Find out if they have a photo first, remember to ask for it and say not one single other thing, dont even say you are disputing it, just ask for a copy of the photo....... plus go check the signs and work out where you actually stopped. Everything in life has an order in which to do things. Do that before you work out any direction. You may go, "Oh crap," and pay the fine.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
The reason they have these laws in Australia is so stuff doesnt happen like this. Ok this is a little extreme but I was looking for a way to share it without putting it in funny, cool, stupid.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXBqdHc-S9c" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXBqdHc-S9c</a>

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

The reason they have these laws in Australia is so stuff doesnt happen like this. Ok this is a little extreme but I was looking for a way to share it without putting it in funny, cool, stupid.

thats heavy stuff -  would love an english translation

as for The dumbest parking fine ever....   just pay the damn thing instead of having the dumbest winge ever

You got to admit -  you probably did stop in a bus zone which is a no-no

Offline AussieSpotter

• I like fast cars

as for The dumbest parking fine ever....   just pay the damn thing instead of having the dumbest winge ever

Who has $265 that they are willing to fork out for stopping for 15 seconds? And he wasnt complaining really, he just wanted a second opinion on whether he should fight it or not. My opinion is that if they can't prove you were there, dont pay. Innocent untill proven guilty, right? 8:21 to 8:21 doesnt prove you were there. Why you gotta be such a hater amgsl55 lol

Offline CortinaD

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

Who has $265 that they are willing to fork out for stopping for 15 seconds? And he wasnt complaining really, he just wanted a second opinion on whether he should fight it or not. My opinion is that if they can't prove you were there, dont pay. Innocent untill proven guilty, right? 8:21 to 8:21 doesnt prove you were there. Why you gotta be such a hater amgsl55 lol

I've parked and stopped in spots I shouldn't be -  you just cop the fine sweet.  Sure, if he werent there then but

$265 fine for dropping off my brother in front of his school "Between Times: 08:21 AM to 08:21 AM" it was barely 15 seconds

innocent until proven guilty you say?

how about he google street views and puts the sign posts up on the forum

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

thats heavy stuff -  would love an english translation

Was waiting for some one to reply with one of these.    :p