Offline Condor Man

• Is it a Bird?? Well, sort of, Yes.... 300kph+ club
  • Plastic Surgeon

• Drives: A car
Got to go to US next week and was supposed to go to Paris week of the 19th but I think wife will kill me so will bale on Paris.

I just checked my schedule and I am in HK on 11th and leaving on the 17th..... Which made me think..... I am half way there......

And of course it would be much more fun to drive my car back to London from Italy rather than have it picked up by a truck.......?????
May the Horse be with you....

Offline Neru

Offline M500

Sensational video Aaron. It really captures the sounds of the V12 - simply bone tingling. I also love how the video shows the magnificent commerarderie & respect between you and MHH with the on throttle and off throttle chase.

Truly amazing.

Offline a.taylor

Spot on with the title! Thats an amazing video. You blokes are doing life properly :worship:

Offline shack

• 300kph+ club
  • I am not here .....

I just checked my schedule and I am in HK on 11th and leaving on the 17th..... Which made me think..... I am half way there......

And of course it would be much more fun to drive my car back to London from Italy rather than have it picked up by a truck.......?????

That is true....

wife will kill me so I am out for this one

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

That is true....

wife will kill me so I am out for this one

Not if you kill her first!!!   :D

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

i know this might be a stupid question.... but are all those switchbacks any fun? they look epic in photos, but 180 corners and straights doesnt always equal fun.

It's a good question. Most of the switchback stuff is slow, but the views are so you good you don't really care. On the Bormio side, the run up has a middle stage where you can reach serious speed before it gets twisty again. We did the run twice - right after breakfast and again after we had checked out. The best time go is before breakfast - then you can get a really fast run without any pushbikes or campervans. The Bormio side is the most fun with tunnels and some decent kinks if not exactly sweepers. The Stelvio side is super tight, then goes into villages and becomes a pretty transport stage.

The better driving can be found on the other passes like Susten and Furka.  Just incredible with endless twists and turns, fast stuff and slow, blind corners and open ones with sensational views everywhere you look  - and super smooth tar. We spent the entire Saturday sniffing out the passes and did about 10-12  of them in an 15 hour day of driving.

Offline Condor Man

• Is it a Bird?? Well, sort of, Yes.... 300kph+ club
  • Plastic Surgeon

• Drives: A car
Ok.

And now for the 918 video's.

Unfortunately we were going down hill, so the accelerations are not as long and although the sound may not be as strong as the F12, this is very different when you are in the cockpit as the exhausts emit right at the back of your head.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sj0o8JbreMg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sj0o8JbreMg</a>
May the Horse be with you....

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter
Looks like it's even fun on a BMW bike....sounds good too....but gee it looks slow after the 918 and F12

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_56c5eNvgA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_56c5eNvgA</a>
I love my car. Buy your own

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

It would be fantastic on a bike. And we saw more motorbikes than cars at the top so I guess that tells the story.  :thumbsup:

I notice the bike vid was done in June so superb weather but huge crowds of bicycles at the top. Mind you, this vid is of the slower Stelvio side.