Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
Post up info of good and bad experiences with companies who have worked on or done a service of some sort for you that is car related.

Eg: Great carwash place (who doesn't scratch), trustworthy and reasonably priced service centre, aftermarket tuning workshop, positive ebay experiences....

Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides

To start off:

Good Experiences:

Scuderia Servicio  http://www.scuderiaservizioeuropean.com.au/  has always done well maintaining my Italian cars at reasonable prices.

Prestige and Custom car salon in Castle Hill http://www.prestigeandcustom.com.au/ details my cars inside and out. My cars don't have any swirl marks or scratches as I have had a full paint correction performed by them on all of my cars, sterilise and detail interior, re-feed all the rubbers and seals around the car to make them as new again. That website seems to be old and has the wrong adress in it. Each car takes about 20 hours work to make brand new over 3 days and boy is it worth every cent. Much more price reasonable than what I hear is spoken by mobile guys on here, just as good oif not a better job as well. Also did the tints on my cars, I have previously had a tint job done a couple years ago at a Solartint and the tint quality, colour and workmanship was extremely average, Prestige customs have a much better tint with a pure black carbon colour, even the edges of the tint is filed to hug the edge of the glass than the solar tint job that looks like someone just ran a stanly knife roughly around the edge of the window.

Bob Jane T-Mart  Castle Hill   http://www.whitepages.com.au/business/bob-jane-t-marts/castle-hill-nsw/B%7CN00W%7C115012c5%7CBob+Jane+T-Marts New store and hasn't been advertised yet. The boys there have done a great job with all of my cars, my families cars and my missus's car. They have wheel aligned my whole fleet including my exotics. Extremely compitent, latest equipment, latest wheel alighnment rig that even has hyper car wheel alighnment specs programmed in it already (so no guess work). No marks on my cars even when leaving the cars with them for the day. Best of all they charge the same for an Astra as they do for a Lambo which is pretty hard to find.

Ramspeed Seven Hills   http://www.ramspeed.com.au/  (spam speed as Phil calls them) Did some minor work on a Gallardo, cosmetic changes. Wasn't much of a job but still a positive experience from my brief encounter.

Bad Experiences:
Ferrari Maserati Dealer service centre in Waterloo. Charged an arm and a leg just to diagnose a throttle body fault on the 3200gt (took 10 minutes of their time to throw it on a computer diagnosis rig), to top it off they scratched the car around the engine bay and outside pannels and then said those fresh scratches were already there.... They must have just figured it was only a $70k car, not worth being careful with  :doh:

Another couple of minor bad experiences that I shouldn't put on a public forum incase someone has a go at Ash for hosting defamatory material on his website.
Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides

Good experience:

Autosol Metal polish is the best invention if you have metal that needs polishing. Brings old exhausts and any other metal back to brand new shiny condition.
http://www.autosol.com.au/ Literally the best thing ever invented.

Meguires PlastX: Well known in the Japanese import scene already, but just as relevant to anything that has plastic that is damaged by UV light. Removes the yellow oxidation on convertibles that have a plastic rear window that starts to get cloudy, plastic headlights that start to fade and go cloudy, removes most scratches from Cd's etc.... One of those multipurpose products. http://www.meguiarsdirect.com/detail/MEG+G12310

Hope this helps someone on the forums.

PS: I have nothing to do with these companies or products other than had a good/bad experience with them and think the info is worth passing on to others.
Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Guys, careful on the negative crap, I got tired of cleaning that up years ago - and when someone finds themselves libelled/complained about on AE guess who they go after. :?

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Good experience  - Ferrarfixer Braeside Melbourne, experienced, smart thorough, not just knows what he's doing, he loves what he does.
Phil can give full contact details if he so wishes.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides

Guys, careful on the negative crap, I got tired of cleaning that up years ago - and when someone finds themselves libelled/complained about on AE guess who they go after. :?

Hehehehe yeah I have more negative things to say but the dealership pricing and refusing liability that I posted is common knowledge already, nothing new and thought it wasn't that bad a negative comment.
If you feel you will have issues with it just edit it to say something like... 

"Negative experience: Ferrari Masserati dealership service centre Waterloo Sydney, PM me for details"  That shouldn't cause you any probs for you then.
Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

I would leave out the dealership identification.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides

I would leave out the dealership identification.

Nah you are soft Dodger.

You can identify the company saying you had a bad experience on the forum, but details that are defamatory to an extent that makes the company look bad should only get passed along by PM. What I said is border line, up to Ash if he thinks it is over the line or not.

You are too cautious Dodger, the way you want it would mean most of the threads on AE would be banned such as the posts in the Iphone thread that are negative to Apple Corp, or even jokingly paying out Porsches that they look like Beetles or are decendents of Hitler....
Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Nah you are soft Dodger.

You can identify the company saying you had a bad experience on the forum, but details that are defamatory to an extent that makes the company look bad should only get passed along by PM. What I said is border line, up to Ash if he thinks it is over the line or not.

You are too cautious Dodger, the way you want it would mean most of the threads on AE would be banned such as the posts in the Iphone thread that are negative to Apple Corp, or even jokingly paying out Porsches that they look like Beetles or are decendents of Hitler....

The larger multinationals couldn't keep up with negative comments on the web, look at Telstra, the bastards !

BUT a smaller local business could see damage to their reputation especially on a motoring forum and have a go, if you were to leave that referrence out you've avoided that then give all details via PM... not being soft just practical.

Offline cel

or even jokingly paying out Porsches that they look like Beetles or are decendents of Hitler....

Slightly offtopic, this Porsche is for sale btw  :tilt: