Offline robertb

• Poll Dancer

For me Rolls Royce/Bentley, it was the coach built Silver Cloud 3/Series 3 cars ,which ended in the summer of 1966.

The chassis was delivered to the coachbuilder and on the norm the alloy body and fittings took 6 plus months to build,no car was the same in specs ,colour or fittings.

After that period RR/B went to the Silver Shadow and its press metal with part alloy bodies ,the cars were slower and handled far less then the previous model.

Jaguar I'm not going there ,but it has to be the E-type series 1 car.

Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle
This is interesting, as if it weren't for recent events I would have been unable to select anything new.

I make no bones about the fact that cars with F1 transmission and all the electronic gadgetry bore me and take my interest away from cars (I'm not saying they're not awesome and I completely appreciate their technology and what they can achieve).

But for now I'd have to say the Cayman GT4 is the last special road car Porsche have made, because they've thrown out the pursuit of ultimate lap times and focused on making a smaller car that is about the driving experience more so than outright lap times.  I'd say the 911R is probably in this category too, except that it doesn't look that great with it's limited liveries and the current 911 is a very large vehicle.

Should these car's not have been built, the cut off for me would have been a 997 GT3RS 4.0 in Black.

Offline robertb

• Poll Dancer

This is interesting, as if it weren't for recent events I would have been unable to select anything new.

I make no bones about the fact that cars with F1 transmission and all the electronic gadgetry bore me and take my interest away from cars (I'm not saying they're not awesome and I completely appreciate their technology and what they can achieve).

But for now I'd have to say the Cayman GT4 is the last special road car Porsche have made, because they've thrown out the pursuit of ultimate lap times and focused on making a smaller car that is about the driving experience more so than outright lap times.  I'd say the 911R is probably in this category too, except that it doesn't look that great with it's limited liveries and the current 911 is a very large vehicle.

Should these car's not have been built, the cut off for me would have been a 997 GT3RS 4.0 in Black.
Always been special the rs,gt3 type spec cars.

Should be noted the 993 RS was the last road production car to come from the race car plant for final finish.

Would agree re the 911R,fwiw i know of one that can be purchased due to a owners inability to for fill the contract,happy to put others in contact with .

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Would agree re the 911R,fwiw i know of one that can be purchased due to a owners inability to for fill the contract,happy to put others in contact with .

I'll take it. Retail or inflated price?

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
Last Nissan/Datsun that excited me...

ah crap, did I just get old?

C'mon, do it!

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

MAZDA MX5, NA of course.

recently received an engine rebuild, repaint and some upholstery work and gifted to my nephew

Offline robertb

• Poll Dancer

Last Nissan/Datsun that excited me...

ah crap, did I just get old?

always loved the race version S311? or similar?

The 1st gen 240Z were special.