Offline j15

You don't spend much time on the crack. It's actually an easy 180m, grade 14 cliff face. Makes for nice easy day out.

http://www.thecrag.com/climbing/australia/blue-mountains/main-area/route/15317245

Haven't ventured interstate yet, work always tends to get in the way, and the Blue Mountains/Nowra/Vaucluse is a pretty big local playground.

Offline psw

• Keep smiling

Didn't know you were a climber Brenton, I thought I was the only one here. Currently sitting around 20/21 doing outdoor sport lead climbing. If I put my mind to it I could get better, but the training is a big commitment.

Couple of pics from some recent multi pitch routes in the Blue mountains, but lately I've been going out to the sea cliffs at Vaucluse where there are some long single pitch sport climbs.
Hey Jeh thats a pretty wild hobby you've developed there  :) :faint: were you into climbing when we all used to do our early morning spirited runs back in '07/'08?
Keep Smiling

Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

Awesome sport guys.  Very skilful.

Always loved the the bit in the movies with Sylvester Stallone and Tom Cruise doing what you guys do.  A lot of strength and skill required.

Offline j15

Hey Jeh thats a pretty wild hobby you've developed there  :) :faint: were you into climbing when we all used to do our early morning spirited runs back in '07/'08?

No. I changed jobs about 3 years ago and one my new colleagues was an avid climber. He invited me along to the climbing gym in St Peter's and things got out of hand from there. I'm fortunate to have started climbing with an experienced group of climbers so I was taught well and was able to improve pretty quickly initially. 

For those looking for a new hobby, climbing is fantastic and you will meet lots of kind and interesting people. The people who do it well are amazing, they look seem ballet dancers on the rock face because they move so gracefully. I spend a lot of time at work in my little office. Going outside, often into environmentally rich places and having an adventure is great. The challenge of climbing is also really rewarding, it's a lot like problem solving in a way, but with a bit of an edge to it :)

Offline j15

Didn't know you were a climber Brenton, I thought I was the only one here. Currently sitting around 20/21 doing outdoor sport lead climbing. If I put my mind to it I could get better, but the training is a big commitment.

Couple of pics from some recent multi pitch routes in the Blue mountains, but lately I've been going out to the sea cliffs at Vaucluse where there are some long single pitch sport climbs.

Just came back from a week at Mt Arapiles :D

In Pic 1 I am somewhere in the middle of the photo in blue

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
Lunatic?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDAVIA-3CiI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDAVIA-3CiI</a>

Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club
  • DJ's like a mad ...........

• Drives: Yes
Just came back from a week at Mt Arapiles :D

In Pic 1 I am somewhere in the middle of the photo in blue

Is that Muldoon the 13 ??

Would have been perfect there. I was there in feb. onsited tip toe ridge 😄

Offline j15

Is that Muldoon the 13 ??

Would have been perfect there. I was there in feb. onsited tip toe ridge 😄

Yes. Ticked the Bard, Watchtower Crack, etc

Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club
  • DJ's like a mad ...........

• Drives: Yes
Yes. Ticked the Bard, Watchtower Crack, etc

Maldoon has a reather exposed little section going round the corner, climbed it a few times.

the Bard, awesome climb

watchtower well that has it places on it

awesome