Offline F1V10

• Drives: V10 M5
  • Name: Mr HaHa
It's a 2012 and also in the company name so the accountant said it's time to go. Plus I just have a feeling something is going to go bang now it hasn't got warranty.
If I could afford a new one I would get it in a heartbeat but I got to be serious and put my mutate hat on and go for something cheaper.
You only had that for a year right?
What about the new Mazda CX range, they look cool.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
It's a 2012 and also in the company name so the accountant said it's time to go. Plus I just have a feeling something is going to go bang now it hasn't got warranty.
If I could afford a new one I would get it in a heartbeat but I got to be serious and put my mutate hat on and go for something cheaper.

Buy a 2nd hand version of the current model, mine has been the most reliable car that I have ever owned in 35 years. I never thought that I would be saying that about a Range Rover given their reputation. The Indians have really sorted things out in the current model.

The base models start pretty low for an early one with a few km's on board. They are brilliant cars.

Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
I'm actively looking now for a new SUV for the wife. She loves her Range Rover but I just have a gut feeling it's time to move on.

Not sure what to get her thinking a Touareg as we have a budget we need to stick too

Assume you need a largish SUV rather than something Macan sized ?
This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Offline Fortis

• 300kph+ club

Look into the previous model Q7 a lot of car for the money, we absolutely loved ours and had zero issues with it.

The new one is the perfect car.

Offline Joel

Like I said it's all budget related as well as financed so I'm trying not to over do it.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

Look into the previous model Q7 a lot of car for the money, we absolutely loved ours and had zero issues with it.

The new one is the perfect car.

The Q7 is absolutely HUUUUUUUGE.  I reckon it is bigger than my Range Rover which is a colossus.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

Like I said it's all budget related as well as financed so I'm trying not to over do it.

If it comes purely down to economics just stick with what you have. Even if it shits itself big time the cost of repair is likely to be a fraction of what you will blow changing over to a more expensive car with everything factored in.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Because they are more fashionable then a mini van, so all young mothers want them. Plus SUV has its own categories now, small medium, large.

I think they're perceived as safer too......for the owner not everyone around them.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

I think they're perceived as safer too......for the owner not everyone around them.

The vast majority of SUV's are NOT the safest vehicles to be in and some are downright dangerous. The average person thinks that the bigger something is, the safer it must be. Far from the truth if you look into the crash test ratings.

Offline Joel

If it comes purely down to economics just stick with what you have. Even if it shits itself big time the cost of repair is likely to be a fraction of what you will blow changing over to a more expensive car with everything factored in.

Yeah true. I didn't have a ballon on the Range Rover where I will most likely have one on the new car. I'm not planning to pay anymore then I do.
I'm trying to wear my sensible hat and be responsible