Offline STi Nut

• Drives: Toyota GTS 86
Just Unichipped my 86. Now 1/4milemax speed up 5km/h. About 20 HP gain. car definitely pulls a bit harder.
 Am trying to avoid forced induction as I think it'll change the fun characteristics of the car.
Cost $1400. Worth the money? Any ideas on how to get another 10% torque for a reasonable price?

Thats interesting. The Willall racing guys here in Adelaide got 15rwkw from just a chip, don't know the cost but i assume it will be around the $1500... From driving the car now for a few days i think that it just needs that 20hp to make it perfect. But 200hp is just fine for what it is, so much fun.

Here is mine, picked it up wednesday

Offline futurism

• Drives: Regretfully sold my GT3
  • Name: David
looks like the wheels are painted?
did you end up getting that done before you picked it up?

Offline STi Nut

Nope, That is the car 100% standard. Having the car for the past few days they have grown on me and i don't think i will paint them. The number plates are changing to slim black with silver text. The antenna is getting swapped to a colour coded shark fin style and the TRD bootlip spoiler should be here end of next week so should be on soon after.

Offline smdGTR

• Perfect for the upcoming ski season

• Drives: GTR
"What are you doing with the car? I've seen 86's at wakefield with upgraded brakes, wheels and tyres doing 1:14 with no engine mods."

Car is just a daily driver really...will play with it at winton john bowe track days sometimes but that's it.
A bit of fun sideways action happens sometimes but not competition....muck around car I guess.

Offline carmooch

• Name: George
If you want a cheap brake update, the four-pot WRX brakes are direct bolt on and can be found for around $400 second hand.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

The local Pedder's boys are racing one and I think they have some good guts on cheap mods.

Will ask next time I am talking to them.

Offline STi Nut

Here is a photo of the stock wheels.

Offline smdGTR

If you want a cheap brake update, the four-pot WRX brakes are direct bolt on and can be found for around $400 second hand.

nice tip!! thx  :thumbsup:

Offline smdGTR

The local Pedder's boys are racing one and I think they have some good guts on cheap mods.

Will ask next time I am talking to them.

that'll b g8, thx mate.
mostly after more torque than anything else ....... just so the back end will kick out from lower revs easier  :D :D

Offline dkabab

that'll b g8, thx mate.
mostly after more torque than anything else ....... just so the back end will kick out from lower revs easier  :D :D

http://www.nengun.com/hks/toyota-86-supercharger-kit  ;)