Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Offline ACP

• Lives in a Metro Tangerine

• Drives: McLaren
Very cool. Big job with the existing house there, and to expand even more once stage 1 is done!

Offline dkabab

That’s amazing… I wonder how they dig such a deep excavation and keep it from collapsing. Especially under the existing house. Must be an expensive operation and engineering nightmare.
I've always loved the idea of a massive secret underground car park or just parts of the house, and have a totally unassuming house on top.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Pfft.....Been done before - look at the Bat Cave!!!!!     :D

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al

We're looking into this now at the Uber pub/office in Sydney ... it's actually cheaper in a lot of cases to extend basement/underground areas than it is to 'go up' a level.

Looking at our site, there's about 250m2 sitting under the existing wooden flooring which is a prime candidate for removal, without major structural / footing changes (with the only big issue being drainage!).
C'mon, do it!

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

We're looking into this now at the Uber pub/office in Sydney ... it's actually cheaper in a lot of cases to extend basement/underground areas than it is to 'go up' a level.

Looking at our site, there's about 250m2 sitting under the existing wooden flooring which is a prime candidate for removal, without major structural / footing changes (with the only big issue being drainage!).

The "Uber Cave"!!!!  :cool:   Can we install fireman's poles as well????  They can be used for a quick exist and the Friday night drinks entertainment, if you get my drift.   :D

Offline futurism

• Drives: Regretfully sold my GT3
  • Name: David
my father has an interesting house

the builder of it was jailed for fraud and growing marijuana

its quite a well known case, the guy went to various banks pretending to be bon jovi guitarist richie sambora, and convinced them based on his fame to lend him money

he used that money to build various houses and rent them out

my dads house was his actual house before he was jailed

theres a secret door in a wall with a stair case leading to a large basement which was apparently added after the house was built
the basement contains lots of ventilation ducting and fans for drying marijuana

Id love to add a basement like this to my house, not for dope in this case but for my guitars and other such devices that are very loud and take up a lot of room

...I might go and research the legalities of doing this now