Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Chief Muppet Wrangler @ Drugs.R.Us Badlands Sector

• Drives: Slowly and carefully
it all comes down to how you manage it, and who does the work for you.

certainly, if you just write a cheque you may be up for $100k, but if you can put in a below ground pool all done for $25k this excavation wouldn't be much different. ask a pool contractor for a quote, they may surprise you.

again, as per my comment above, it all depends on latent conditions etc.

we had an issue at work a few months back where there was a sewer pipe in the middle of a new swimming pool excavation. contractor decided to just keep going and ended up with this :/

That's hilarious...............and completely stupid :doh:

Offline shack

• 300kph+ club
  • I am not here .....

it all comes down to how you manage it, and who does the work for you.

certainly, if you just write a cheque you may be up for $100k, but if you can put in a below ground pool all done for $25k this excavation wouldn't be much different. ask a pool contractor for a quote, they may surprise you.

For sure I will manage it as I have enough mates in the building industry if I get into a problem. Excellent Idea and I will ask my pool guy. Its right outside the front of my house so zero access issues.

Can you not extend forwards, sideways or backwards for the house ... ??  I would never drive my car if it was in a warehouse somewhere ... and would drive me nuts every time I want to wander down and tinker with it in the mancave ... while watching some TV or gym workout or whatever!

No chance of that. Dude even this is an UBER stealth project as wife would kybosh it in 30 seconds. I need to send her away for a few weeks and then just do it :D

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Electric everything
  • Name: Peter

Offline diabloinoz

• 300kph+ club

... I need to send her away for a few weeks and then just do it :D

Fuck you're brave!!  Make it a little bigger ... so you can build a mancave in there ... you might need it.

Also, put a staircase in from the end of the excavation into the garden or house so you have direct access without having to operate the lift ... it's a minor extra excavation ... but think of the wow when you sell the place and can lead them down a staircase to this hidden garage!! :D

Offline shack

• 300kph+ club
  • I am not here .....

Fuck you're brave!!

Its like the CF seats in the car. We got some comfort ones just to keep them happy. Six months later and the CF seats are back in the car and she does not even notice :). Then when she sees a txt to my buddy saying she didnt even notice - guess what the CF seats all of a sudden became uncomfortable :). In all fairness she did do 2500kms in them :)

This is a bit different but I will work on her mates to ask them to tell her to chill out :D.

Offline shack

• 300kph+ club
  • I am not here .....

Fuck you're brave!!  Make it a little bigger ... so you can build a mancave in there ... you might need it.

Also, put a staircase in from the end of the excavation into the garden or house so you have direct access without having to operate the lift ... it's a minor extra excavation ... but think of the wow when you sell the place and can lead them down a staircase to this hidden garage!! :D

NICE !!!!!!

Hence why I post here - you guys are full of good idea's :)

Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

NICE !!!!!!

Hence why I post here - you guys are full of good idea's :)

like diablo said, auxiliary access is a must.  If the hoist fails you need someone to get down there to fix the thing.  Plus it won't cost a lot more for some extra space.

A local radio identity in SA built a garage under his tennis court,
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/ipad/court-fight-over-leaking-garage/news-story/33827de5234c96f4afce74b22686a8de

or you can do something like this, but $100k may not quite cut it..... https://www.domain.com.au/news/astonishing-design-hidden-from-view-in-toorak-20150730-gilg4d/

Offline shack

• 300kph+ club
  • I am not here .....

like diablo said, auxiliary access is a must.  If the hoist fils you need someone to get down there to fix the thing.  Plus it won't cost a lot more for some extra space.

Duly noted and I like the idea of somehow accessing it via the house (that's a much harder fight with wife though)

Offline Joel

I would have a chat to any engineers you might know or be able to be put incontact with first.
Hydraulic, civil & structural. I'm sure there is a little more in it then building a "pool" but hey it sort of makes sense.

Will need access for when or if it fails plus maintenance.

Are you close to the water? Water table heights will make it interesting. Last thing you want underground is a Ferrari and rising ground water.

Also be mindful of services coming into your property i.e. Electrical sewer storm water.