Offline shack

• 300kph+ club
  • I am not here .....

One of the biggest issues round here is Acid Sulphate ... if the ground is acid sulphate that you're taking out ... it needs special treatment when you're dumping it and costs 3x as much.

Hence get a soil sample done and know for sure ... or check your local council planning dept maps.

Good point - ta

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Shack, somehow I can't see you heading off with soil samples in the boot. I suspect it will be more like "Just give me the all-up price thanks" :p

Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle
One of the biggest issues round here is Acid Sulphate ..

mate you're not alone.

we have major issues with ASS and it costs us millions each year here eating away at concrete and other structures. We cop it majorly here on the GC because we're basically built on a swamp, but i didnt think it would be as widespread down your way?

Offline shack

• 300kph+ club
  • I am not here .....

Shack, somehow I can't see you heading off with soil samples in the boot. I suspect it will be more like "Just give me the all-up price thanks" :p

Yup - you know the drill - energy best spent elsewhere :)

Offline diabloinoz

• 300kph+ club

mate you're not alone.

we have major issues with ASS and it costs us millions each year here eating away at concrete and other structures. We cop it majorly here on the GC because we're basically built on a swamp, but i didnt think it would be as widespread down your way?

Pretty much most of the northern beaches is acid sulphate ... I had an 18 bedroom hotel site in dee why a few years back that was gonna cost a fortune to excavate due to the ASS cleansing required.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

............ the ASS cleansing required.

I dunno, there is plenty of stuff on the market now days to give that colon a damn good cleansing!!!!    :potus

Offline diabloinoz

• 300kph+ club

I dunno, there is plenty of stuff on the market now days to give that colon a damn good cleansing!!!!    :potus
I was waiting for the cheap replies ...  :clap: :clap: :clap:

Offline shack

• 300kph+ club
  • I am not here .....

ok spoke to pool guy - he said nope and i must talk to a basement guy because of water etc

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

ok spoke to pool guy - he said nope and i must talk to a basement guy because of water etc

you need draftsman, engineer, certifier, concreter, electrician, plumber, plus lift supplier/installer

$100k with a margin upwards

Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle

bugger, well there goes that idea :(