Offline M500

Offline frog_a_lot

• Name: Cam
I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD.. picked it up for a smidge over $50k.. has tons of room for all your kidlets etc
Tows my trailer and racecar without a worry in the world.. you barely feel it is there..

Daily driving it gives around 8.5l per 100k which is pretty good.

Has not faulted at all, in last 2.5 years.. only costs have been services at 10k intervals which are around $400 (average).. and of course a few modifications such as lift kit, rock rails, roof racks etc.

most people are quick to dismiss the Jeeps, but the majority of people who do, haven't actually owned or driven one, they are basing opinions of internet threads and people talking about Jeeps that are 10 years old. The many people i have spoken to who also have the same car are very happy indeed and have had no issues.

Bang for your buck you cant really beat them.. once you start looking at all the features (electric heated seats, touch screen dvd player with 30gb hard drive, reverse camera etc etc) and compare that to say a VW or Land rover with similar specs, youll see they are $20k more..

my 2c

Offline 993tits

• Pepé Le Porsche

I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD.. picked it up for a smidge over $50k.. has tons of room for all your kidlets etc
Tows my trailer and racecar without a worry in the world.. you barely feel it is there..

Daily driving it gives around 8.5l per 100k which is pretty good.

Has not faulted at all, in last 2.5 years.. only costs have been services at 10k intervals which are around $400 (average).. and of course a few modifications such as lift kit, rock rails, roof racks etc.

most people are quick to dismiss the Jeeps, but the majority of people who do, haven't actually owned or driven one, they are basing opinions of internet threads and people talking about Jeeps that are 10 years old. The many people i have spoken to who also have the same car are very happy indeed and have had no issues.

Bang for your buck you cant really beat them.. once you start looking at all the features (electric heated seats, touch screen dvd player with 30gb hard drive, reverse camera etc etc) and compare that to say a VW or Land rover with similar specs, youll see they are $20k more..

my 2c

Good Post and I agree with your summary of the Jeep. We have a couple of clients in the Hunter Valley that have them and whinge about them but these seem to be very specific issues that could be fixed quite easily but the clients have too great an expectation of that aspect of the car and wont look at options to work around it and maybe even improve the car by doing so. Happens with every car in my experience.
They seem to be exceptional value and with the right gear on them, look very tough. Good choice.
Always Gunna

Offline Nobleambitions

• Back from the naughty corner.

Offline frog_a_lot

Plus, two wheel drive for when you get jealous of a motorcycle:

Haha Yeah thats what i do on way home.. and bikes think they know how to lane split.. works much better in a Jeep.

In all seriousness though, in reference to the 'moose test', which is where that picture came from. There has been a lot of discussion about if they actually did the test correctly or not, and Jeep also did make alterations to make sure that wouldn't happen. For a car that size, you'd be surprised how quick it is and how well it handles.. as long as you do keep in mind its a 2.3t 4wd not a sports car.

Offline diabloinoz

• 300kph+ club

• Drives: Diablo 6.0
I have the 2013 JGC SRT8 ... phenomenal ... awesome ... best SUV ever ... will tow 2.2tonne ... bought new $76k.

My father-in-law has the 2011 CRD Overland as previously mentioned ... will tow 3.5tonne ... cost $57k second hand.

We're a two jeep family and also can't fault them.  I wouldn't consider anything else at that price range ... blows the competition away.

I also used to do car reviews for Carsguide and had an early 2012 for 2 weeks as a sample ... that's what convinced me to buy them.

Offline M500

I have the 2013 JGC SRT8 ... phenomenal ... awesome ... best SUV ever ... will tow 2.2tonne ... bought new $76k.

My father-in-law has the 2011 CRD Overland as previously mentioned ... will tow 3.5tonne ... cost $57k second hand.

We're a two jeep family and also can't fault them.  I wouldn't consider anything else at that price range ... blows the competition away.

I also used to do car reviews for Carsguide and had an early 2012 for 2 weeks as a sample ... that's what convinced me to buy them.

The new STR8 is a $90k car these days

Offline diabloinoz

• 300kph+ club

• Drives: Diablo 6.0
The new STR8 is a $90k car these days
I know ... I got a steal!!!!  I couldn't believe he was actually going to let me sign the papers at that price!

Offline M500

I know ... I got a steal!!!!  I couldn't believe he was actually going to let me sign the papers at that price!

Is yours a late '13 with the upgraded auto?

Offline frog_a_lot

Sully - Your SRT should tow 23.5t the same as my CRD..
Unless they changed it for the SRT, because the V8 Hemis and CRD can tow 3.5 and the V6 Penstar 2.2t