Offline creativefleire

Hey guys. I'm after anyone here with any information on wrapping cars with vinyl. I've seen it done before and it looks great. But i'm having trouble finding places to get it done in Perth.  :confused:

My reasoning for doing this, rather than painting it, is that it is supposedly cheaper, and a good way to protect the car's paintwork. But in saying that, my bonnet and boot have already started to fade, and they really need to have something done to them, either way.   :boggled:
My first decision was to wrap the entire car in a completely different colour, and put racing stripes on it and some decals on the sides. But i think that's gonna cost a fair but. So i've decided to just do a "half wrap" which includes the bonnet, boot and roof, but extends down a bit below the bottom of the side windows to look like the entire top half of the car is a different colour. Still with racing stripes.

So can anyone help me with photos, links, and contact details for detailers that do vehicle wrapping??  :D

Here is a link to a vinyl wrapped BMW: http://www.themotorreport.com.au/gallery/480/vinyl-wrap/4911/bmw-vinyl08jpg

Offline JanG

• Will eat your baby
  • Photographer

• Drives: BMW M2/STI track car
  • www: JanGlovac.com
Give Perth Graphics Centre a call - http://www.pgc.com.au/

I'm friends with a guy who works there and they do vinyl wraps for cars.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

So i've decided to just do a "half wrap" which includes the bonnet, boot and roof, but extends down a bit below the bottom of the side windows to look like the entire top half of the car is a different colour. Still with racing stripes.

I'm not sure if you want opinions on your plan, but I'll give you one anyway.  :)

Don't do it.  It will cost plenty if done properly and it will look bloody awful.

Offline XTREMEIND

And then cost three times as much when you decide to have it removed, not to mention the bare metal repaint if it's left on too long (which is not long at all)

Offline dkabab

most people i know who have done full body wraps have spent 3-4k and its looked pretty average.
whats the car worth?

Offline futurism

• Drives: Regretfully sold my GT3
  • Name: David
one of the long term test cars in evo magazine is a gtr and hes had it down in cadbury purple and is very happy with the results, the current issue in the newsagent with the porchse  911 classic thing on the front

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

one of the long term test cars in evo magazine is a gtr and hes had it down in cadbury purple and is very happy with the results, the current issue in the newsagent with the porchse  911 classic thing on the front
Anyone who would wrap a Nissan in purple is obviouly easily pleased anyway. :p

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
I don't agree with some people saying it looks shit and not giving exceptions.

This guy has done it to his R35 in Melbourne and its turned out nice ( http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/R35-Matte-Paint-t311203.html   )  , in Switzerland last year I saw a black vinyl wrap Murcielago and that looked more like sex than they do normally.

That being said I am still yet to see a good vinyl job that is another colour other than matt black.

A friend of mine got it done on his GT3 as a promotion car in London, cost him 1200pounds. $3-$4k in Australia sounds about right.
Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline johnwraps

Wrapping the car with Vinyl Wrapping could be better that just putting some stickers. This might make the car look punky.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
Anyone who would wrap a Nissan in purple is obviouly easily pleased anyway. :p

The most sought after colour in R32 and R33 GTR's is Electric Purple, maybe he is trying to keep the tradition alive?
Enjoying Life!!!!